'Oppenheimer' Nolanfans User Reviews

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
User of Interest wrote:
July 31st, 2023, 10:31 am
I finally saw the film yesterday. The ending... I'm speechless!
yeah the ending hit so profoundly its NUTS!!!! One of the most impactful and resonant endings in film history for me. Probably the most actually.

Pit180 wrote:
August 2nd, 2023, 4:20 am
I saw it for a second time last night. Loved it, loved it, loved it.This time I was able to pay more attention to the score which is absolutely brilliant.
The Trinity test also worked even better on the second viewing and that ending. Damn, it hits so hard. I think it is one of his best endings.
most impactful out of all his films, imo. One reason is cuz it builds up the entire time by the context of it being mentioned a few times by a certain character. The other reason is that it is totally unexpected, at least it was to me... in terms of the emotional area and topics that it touched upon compared to the previous hour or so.
If anyone else can think of another reason, feel free to jump in I'd love to hear it. I can talk about this movie all day.

How many times you all seen the movie? And how many times in which formats?

dissonance wrote:
August 2nd, 2023, 11:32 pm
4 times LiMax
No Film exhibition in the country currently operating.

dissonance wrote:
Twice. Once in Vmax and once on normal screen. The audio quality was better on normal screen.

4th time today, and my first time watching it in IMAX 70mm in Manchester, got perfect seats too 🤩👍

So far I’ve watched it in LieMAX and 2 normal showings.

MurphysSaw wrote:
August 3rd, 2023, 7:29 am
4th time today, and my first time watching it in IMAX 70mm in Manchester, got perfect seats too 🤩👍

ENJOY!!!! how did it compare to the liemax for you personally? For me, even Dual Laser IMAX wasn't nearly as immersive and powerful as 70mm IMAX film.

My friend keeps saying ooh its not an action movie and theres not too many scenes that use the 70mm imax, so there's no need watching in 70mm IMAX.... but he is arguing out of his ass from stubbornness for some reason. Then when he said caring about 70mm IMAX or not is for "snobs", then i realized he was completely ego driven in his arguing with me for whatever reason. Sad that he let that prevent him from experiencing the greatness of 70mm IMAX Oppenheimer.

dissonance wrote:
August 3rd, 2023, 2:00 pm
MurphysSaw wrote:
August 3rd, 2023, 7:29 am

ENJOY!!!! how did it compare to the liemax for you personally? For me, even Dual Laser IMAX wasn't nearly as immersive and powerful as 70mm IMAX film.

My friend keeps saying ooh its not an action movie and theres not too many scenes that use the 70mm imax, so there's no need watching in 70mm IMAX.... but he is arguing out of his ass from stubbornness for some reason. Then when he said caring about 70mm IMAX or not is for "snobs", then i realized he was completely ego driven in his arguing with me for whatever reason. Sad that he let that prevent him from experiencing the greatness of 70mm IMAX Oppenheimer.
It was sensational, the screen wow, was HUGE, absolutely brilliant and the sound system was superb too. It was a far better experience overall, really was. It might be unfair on the LieMAX I saw as the IMAX screen in Manchester Printworks is apparently the 2nd biggest IMAX in Europe, so any other screen doesn’t really have a chance. But it was my first IMAX 70mm ever and I’ll never forget it…

dissonance wrote:
Ive seen it 5 times in a row. 4 times in regular theater and 1 time in lieMAX. Even it wasnt a 70mm one the IMAX projection was of course the best one.

Just came back from my third viewing (again not in IMAX, since the theaters near me are almost fully booked). I don't think my opinions on the film - that it's nearly perfect, etc. etc. - have changed, but it became much more apparent how simultaneously lengthy and short it feels. So much plot is crammed into this film, yet it never drags. I saw there was a review saying that at least an hour, or an hour and a half, could easily have been cut from the film, but I can't imagine what should have been cut or why since it all feels essential; personally, if the film suffers, it's by not including enough of the story (although, if you're going to compress Oppenheimer's life into a mere three hours, this feels like as good a job as any in terms of what was cut and what was kept, inaccuracies notwithstanding). Otherwise, a few more historical inaccuracies popped up this time (I don't think they were facts that were emphasized in American Prometheus, but they were in Brotherhood of the Bomb, which I just reread this week, hence making them more apparent).