"Oppenheimer" Reviews Discussion

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
holy fuk the reviews are unreal. many stating it's nolan's best film ever. cant wait for tomorrow night.

Retskrad wrote:
July 19th, 2023, 2:28 pm
GamingFreak wrote:
July 19th, 2023, 2:23 pm
I think critics are just happy to get competitively made films again and they are overly positive.
Lol, keep the excuses coming. Now, we're told the critics are incompetent.
Critics are not objective, nor should they be. However, one cannot ignore the fact that the time period in which critic scores are given affects their ratings. For example, an average Marvel film received 80-90% RT scores in the last decade, even though they were not remarkable. Nowadays, an average Marvel film is not much different from before, but critics have changed their standards and judge them differently. Critic scores need to be put in context.
You mean critic scores are only valid when they meet your criteria/biases? There is an objective criteria at the end of the day and it bears out. It's fine if you don't like but I don't think you can speak for the intentions or validity of hundreds of critics' opinions. At this point, you're just trolling.

You want to act like Jeff Sneider is some industry rebel or the guy who “tells it like it is”

The guys favorite movie of 2021 was CODA, the movie that literally won the Best Picture by the industry. He’s not some realist, his movie taste is actually extremely basic.

I have already bought my tickets for an IMAX screening of Oppenheimer. I am looking forward to seeing he film because I like Nolan's work. Why would someone be on this forum if they didn't like the filmmaker? I just think the Barbie + Oppenheimer excitement might cloud reality a bit here. This applies to both the fans and critics, no disrespect.

"10 MiLliOn cRitIcs wiTh 200 foLloWers"

mf this has 90/100 on metacritic. WTF are you babbling about?

Rare few saying the last 45 mins aren't great or not important are likely those who haven't read American Prometheus, and thus fail to realise that the aftermath and Strauss / Oppenheimer relationship is a MAJOR integral part of the book...which I'd like to remind people is what this film is based on :)

He could have split the film into 2 I guess for all those who aren't happy.

These reviews have exceeded my expectations, great reception all around! Feels good :gonf:

Obviously it shouldn't matter, but satisfied that it's looking like the final aggregate scores will end up >80% on RT and MC, that's what I was hoping for.

I’ve been lurking because this place was a great aggregate of reactions

But I had to make an account to just say I have no clue why anyone responds to that guy, he’s a guy who makes an account on a Nolan fan forum to trash Nolan, that’s a special kind of loser

People who actively try to yuck peoples yum for lack of a better phrasing are the lowest form of idiot. They’re a weight on society and punchlines of their own joke of a life

Just stop giving him the fuel he needs to glean meaning from his poking of a nice fanbase with a nice forum to discuss something they love

He’s an idiot

He’s useless

He serves no purpose

His life likely mirrors such

Don’t give him meaning he doesn’t deserve. Let him whither and let him find another group of fans to poke until he inevitably gets ignored again and continues his meaningless and forgettable footprint on earth

His only purpose on this forum is to get a rise out of people clearly
Last edited by Last Stand on July 19th, 2023, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.