"Oppenheimer" Reviews Discussion

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Devosh77 wrote:
July 19th, 2023, 2:10 pm
RT - 94% (100 reviews)
Top Critics - 96% (2-ve)
Average - 9/10
Great stuff, it will probably slowly move towards 90% on RT...and some posters on here will keep bringing that up...but I'm really pleased that whatever happens, it's regarded as an amazing film!

She says Oppenheimer is Nolan's worst movie. Indiwire's David Ehrlich gave it a B. The Wrap's Alonso Duralde gave it a Rotten Tomato. Something odd is going on with the reviews. They seem to overlook the flaws and issues with the film. I think critics are just happy to get competitively made films again and they are overly positive.

I think critics are just happy to get competitively made films again and they are overly positive.
Lol, keep the excuses coming. Now, we're told the critics are incompetent.

Grace Randolph is definitely the leading expert on film quality

Mae Tinee gave Citizen Kane a rotten review, something is going on with these critics. They all clearly are just rating citizen Kane on a curve

Dudes excuses just keep getting funnier :lol: 100 reviews in and average score is 9/10. Pack in man. You’re cooked.

GamingFreak wrote:
July 19th, 2023, 2:23 pm
I think critics are just happy to get competitively made films again and they are overly positive.
Lol, keep the excuses coming. Now, we're told the critics are incompetent.
Critics are not objective, nor should they be. However, one cannot ignore the fact that the time period in which critic scores are given affects their ratings. For example, an average Marvel film received 80-90% RT scores in the last decade, even though they were not remarkable. Nowadays, an average Marvel film is not much different from before, but critics have changed their standards and judge them differently. Critic scores need to be put in context.

MaxContract wrote:
July 19th, 2023, 2:24 pm
Grace Randolph is definitely the leading expert on film quality
She didn't like Dunkirk either so...

delete
Last edited by Retskrad on July 19th, 2023, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delete
Last edited by Retskrad on July 19th, 2023, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.