Interviews - Cast and Crew

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
physicshistoryguy wrote:
July 7th, 2023, 12:31 pm
The People article was so short; does that even count as an article? The Blunt/Damon interview was wholesome, I suppose, but mostly unilluminating. I liked the RDJ/Murphy interview, though I'm hoping the mispronunciation of Strauss' name isn't something that is in the actual film.
I hope they - I mean Strauss himself in the film - mispronounce it, even if others don't :D I guess you are referring to this as well, but in the book it is explicitly stated that Strauss - for some reason - pronounced his own family name "straws"... which is weird, but I'd live to hear it in the film :D

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 7th, 2023, 12:43 pm
physicshistoryguy wrote:
July 7th, 2023, 12:31 pm
The People article was so short; does that even count as an article? The Blunt/Damon interview was wholesome, I suppose, but mostly unilluminating. I liked the RDJ/Murphy interview, though I'm hoping the mispronunciation of Strauss' name isn't something that is in the actual film.
I hope they - I mean Strauss himself in the film - mispronounce it, even if others don't :D I guess you are referring to this as well, but in the book it is explicitly stated that Strauss - for some reason - pronounced his own family name "straws"... which is weird, but I'd live to hear it in the film :D
Yeah, that's what I mean; in the interview, it sounded like RDJ pronounced Strauss as it's spelled instead of as "straws." It'd be amusing if characters in the film used the different pronunciations of his name to take a dig at him or something. :P

EDIT: It's the same interview as before with Downey and Murphy.
Last edited by User of Interest on July 7th, 2023, 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.