Interviews - Cast and Crew

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Ace
John welcomes writer and director Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight, Inception) to discuss experimentation, subjectivity and adaptation as they take an in-depth look at his screenplay, Oppenheimer.
They explore Chris’ writing process, how to make non-linear structures work, finding the story in real-life events, being kinetic on the page, the importance of embracing editing, and why theme can be a tricky thing.
In our bonus segment for premium members, Chris and John muse about the difficulties of dream sequences — and what makes them work.
https://scriptnotes.libsyn.com/622-the- ... pher-nolan

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 235752868/

You Never Saw Our … Oppenheimer Cover
Featuring Emily Blunt, Cillian Murphy and Matt Damon, THR‘s cover was swapped out last minute for one announcing the historic actors strike called that day.

Photographer David Needleman, who captured the busy trio on June 15 at the Four Seasons in New York, in a rare postproduction moment when they were all in the same city on the same day, recalls: “I had asked them literally to lean on each other as a means of support. They looked at each other, looked at me, laughed, then fell into pose. Within seconds, I knew we had the picture. While the cover itself couldn’t be published, I wouldn’t have had it any other way, with the far more important need to support the historic strikes. Symbolically, I took comfort in our greater concept of leaning on each other for support — something I was eager to do, in solidarity with the actors and writers from whom I’ve had the privilege to derive so much inspiration within my own career.”

Nolan/Emma Thomas q&A with Alenjando Gonzales Innaritu