Oppenheimer - IMAX locations and info thread

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
I didn’t see an IMAX thread, so I’m starting one.

As of a few hours ago, the official IMAX 70mm locations list has been posted:
https://www.imax.com/news/oppenheimer-in-imax-70mm
EXPERIENCE OPPENHEIMER IN IMAX 70MM FILM AT SELECT LOCATIONS FOR A LIMITED TIME
JUN 1, 2023

“IMAX film brings images to life. From resolution and color to sharpness and overall quality, there is nothing compared to using IMAX film cameras. The IMAX film format is the Gold Standard of motion picture photography.”

-Christopher Nolan

Oppenheimer will be proudly presented at select IMAX 70mm film locations delivering a distinctive and unique way to experience the film, the way director Christopher Nolan intended.

Only in IMAX theatres will sequences shot with IMAX film cameras expand vertically to fill the entire screen.

In IMAX theatres featuring 15 perf / 70mm film, these scenes will expand images up to a 1.43:1 aspect ratio.

Experience Oppenheimer in IMAX 70mm Film only at the select locations listed below. Hurry, tickets are on sale now and only available for a limited time.

To find an Oppenheimer IMAX 70mm theatre near you, CLICK HERE or browse the theatre list below.

Oppenheimer | IMAX 70mm Theatre Locations

US Theatres:

Arizona

Harkins Arizona Mills 25 & IMAX – Tempe, AZ

California

AMC Metreon 16 & IMAX - San Francisco, CA

Universal Cinema AMC at CityWalk Hollywood & IMAX - Universal City, CA

TCL TCL Chinese Theater IMAX Hollywood CA

Regal Edwards Ontario Palace & IMAX – Ontario, CA

REG Irvine Spectrum 21 + IMAX Irvine CA

Esquire IMAX Sacramento CA

Regal Hacienda Crossings & IMAX – Dublin, CA

Florida

AutoNation IMAX, Museum of Discovery & Science - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Georgia

Regal Mall of Georgia & IMAX - Buford, GA

Indiana

IMAX Theatre at Indiana State Museum - Indianapolis, IN

Michigan

Chrysler IMAX Dome Theatre, Michigan Science Center – Detroit, MI

Celebration! Cinema Grand Rapids North & IMAX - Grand Rapids, MI

New York

AMC Lincoln Square 13 & IMAX - New York, NY

Pennsylvania

Regal UA King of Prussia & IMAX - King of Prussia, PA

Rhode Island

Providence Place Cinemas 16 and IMAX – Providence, RI

Texas

AMC Rivercenter 11 & IMAX - San Antonio, TX

Cinemark 17 & IMAX – Dallas, TX

Tennessee

Regal Opry Mills & IMAX – Nashville, TN

Virginia

Airbus IMAX, Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center – Chantilly, VA

Canada

Scotiabank Chinook & IMAX – Calgary, AB

Scotiabank Edmonton & IMAX – Edmonton, AB

Cineplex Cinemas Langley & IMAX – Langley, BC

Cineplex Cinemas Mississauga & IMAX – Mississauga, ON

Cineplex Cinemas Vaughan & IMAX – Woodbridge ,ON

Kramer IMAX, Saskatchewan Science Centre – Regina, SK

UK

BFI IMAX, British Film Institute - London ,UK

Vue Manchester IMAX & The Printworks – Manchester, UK

The Ronson Theatre at the Science Museum – London, UK

Australia

IMAX, Melbourne Museum – Melbourne, AU

Czech Republic

IMAX Theatre, Palac Flora – Pragu

Just got my ticket for Irvine opening day; where do you guys plan to see it at?

I just emailed my location in Virginia cuz tickets aren’t available yet. Hopefully they get back to me soon.

KEM
AsianVersionOfET wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 8:32 am
I just emailed my location in Virginia cuz tickets aren’t available yet. Hopefully they get back to me soon.
Yeah they aren’t on sale for my IMAX here in St. Louis either, I’ll probably give them a call later today once they open

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 8:32 am
Thrilled they're doing it this time around after skipping Dunkirk and Tenet. Lately I've noticed they've done a very late pre-sale. It'll probably be a random time but also since they don't do reserved seating, it's not as big of a rush as long as you can secure the tickets. But you gotta wait in line the old school way for best tickets.

I just spoke to the manager at the Regal King of Prussia IMAX (Philadelphia area), and despite being listed as a confirmed 70MM IMAX theater, he said they're still experiencing technical issues getting the projector to work. It's their intention to screen Oppenheimer in 70MM IMAX but tickets won't go on-sale until the projector issues are resolved.

***Take this with a grain of salt. I believe the projector issue, as a reliable poster on reddit confirmed they were fixing it weeks ago, but I feel like the tickets will still be made available very soon***

Philly-LaFleur wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 10:15 am
I just spoke to the manager at the Regal King of Prussia IMAX (Philadelphia area), and despite being listed as a confirmed 70MM IMAX theater, he said they're still experiencing technical issues getting the projector to work. It's their intention to screen Oppenheimer in 70MM IMAX but tickets won't go on-sale until the projector issues are resolved.

***Take this with a grain of salt. I believe the projector issue, as a reliable poster on reddit confirmed they were fixing it weeks ago, but I feel like the tickets will still be made available very soon***
Something happened very similarly with Dunkirk, I remember seeing it there. I'm sure they'll get it figured out.

Thank you for posting this thread…I was planning to make one like the one I did for Tenet this weekend but I had no idea the tix going on sale today.

Going to see it at Irvine Spectrum and City Walk

Goddammit…
Good Afternoon –

We will be showing Oppenheimer when it is released but at this time we don’t know when tickets will go on sale. At a minimum the film will be shown in dual 4k laser projection. There is still a possibility of being able to show the film in 70mm. There are a number of logistical items that still need to be worked out in order for us show the film in 70mm. Hope this information helps and please let us know if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Richard
Smithsonian Theaters
This is the Airbus IMAX theater in Chantilly, VA. I really hope they get it figured out in time.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 2:54 pm
Goddammit…
Good Afternoon –

We will be showing Oppenheimer when it is released but at this time we don’t know when tickets will go on sale. At a minimum the film will be shown in dual 4k laser projection. There is still a possibility of being able to show the film in 70mm. There are a number of logistical items that still need to be worked out in order for us show the film in 70mm. Hope this information helps and please let us know if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Richard
Smithsonian Theaters
This is the Airbus IMAX theater in Chantilly, VA. I really hope they get it figured out in time.
Damn, that's a bummer. Hopefully they get it sorted out.

Was hoping they'd also play Interstellar in 70mm IMAX too in the lead up because Smithsonian used to do that all the time.