Oppenheimer - IMAX locations and info thread

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Does anyone know if Nolan is a Brian De Palma fan?

I was watching Carrie (1976) last night and couldn't help but notice that the sound design during the prom climax is eerily similar to when Oppie is addressing the crowd in the stands and having his breakdown moment. The similar classical nature of the suspenseful score kind of took me aback too. I realize these techniques are used often, but I know Nolan is a huge Hitchcock fan and so is De Palma, so I can't help but wonder if Nolan was looking at a lot of Hitchcockian influences here.

Also, digging further, the actors Nolan has worked with compared to the same ones De Palma has worked with, it starts to paint a picture for me...

Insomnia / Al Pacino (Scarface, Carlito's Way)
Dark Knight Trilogy, The Prestige, Inception, Interstellar, Tenet / Michael Caine (Dressed to Kill)
The Prestige / Scarlett Johansson (The Black Dahlia)
Interstellar / John Lithgow (Raising Cain)
Oppenheimer / Josh Hartnett (The Black Dahlia)
Dark Knight Trilogy / Morgan Freeman (The Bonfire of the Vanities)
The Dark Knight / Aaron Eckhart (The Black Dahlia)
Insomnia / Hilary Swank (The Black Dahlia)

Just got out of IMAX 70mm showing in NYC. Pretty big crowd! I thought the aspect ratio jumping was actually really cool and effective in this. I hope Nolan’s next film is entirely in IMAX, I really hope he can successfully pull it off. :gonf:

For the Southern California people here, looks like this'll be the last few days of Universal Citywalk having Oppenheimer in 70mm IMAX (last day being Sunday the 24th).

Looking at their showtimes, starting on Monday, they're putting Barbie in IMAX

Editing to add:

Appears to be the same case across the board, with Regal Irvine Spectrum 70mm IMAX and TCL Chinese 70mm IMAX also ending Oppenheimer showings after this Sunday.

hotsauce32 wrote:
September 22nd, 2023, 12:36 pm
For the Southern California people here, looks like this'll be the last few days of Universal Citywalk having Oppenheimer in 70mm IMAX (last day being Sunday the 24th).

Looking at their showtimes, starting on Monday, they're putting Barbie in IMAX

Editing to add:

Appears to be the same case across the board, with Regal Irvine Spectrum 70mm IMAX and TCL Chinese 70mm IMAX also ending Oppenheimer showings after this Sunday.
This is correct. I just received officially via TCL Chinese Theatre e-mail.

KEM
Got tickets for 5 different days at Universal CityWalk, best seat in the house too, got very lucky!!!

KEM wrote:
November 1st, 2023, 2:57 pm
Got tickets for 5 different days at Universal CityWalk, best seat in the house too, got very lucky!!!
Is there still demand? Are the tickets selling?

KEM wrote:
November 1st, 2023, 2:57 pm
Lucky boy