Oppenheimer - IMAX locations and info thread

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
giodashorts wrote:
July 26th, 2023, 5:09 am
StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
July 22nd, 2023, 4:27 pm
El Especial wrote:
July 22nd, 2023, 2:33 pm

Lucky Ontario has a very nice theatre
Yeah, the IMAX there is pretty awesome, especially since the Laser upgrade. I was there for Avatar 2 and Guardians 3, both were superb presentations. :D
Are you certain Ontario has a laser projector? On the IMAX website it is not listed as "IMAX WITH LASER" from what I can see. I did see "Oppenheimer" in 15/70 IMAX there, but I've avoided going there for regular, digital "IMAX" presentations on the assumption that they still only have one of, or two of, the older xenon digital projectors.
Apologies for the late reply, but yes they indeed do have a laser projector, it's single laser however. Also damn, luckily my showing on the 25th played without issue, but apparently there was a showing on the 26th where the projector broke down.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/regal-edwards- ... o?start=10

August 3rd, 2023, 12:14 am
giodashorts wrote:
July 26th, 2023, 5:09 am
July 22nd, 2023, 4:27 pm

Yeah, the IMAX there is pretty awesome, especially since the Laser upgrade. I was there for Avatar 2 and Guardians 3, both were superb presentations. :D
Are you certain Ontario has a laser projector? On the IMAX website it is not listed as "IMAX WITH LASER" from what I can see. I did see "Oppenheimer" in 15/70 IMAX there, but I've avoided going there for regular, digital "IMAX" presentations on the assumption that they still only have one of, or two of, the older xenon digital projectors.
Apologies for the late reply, but yes they indeed do have a laser projector, it's single laser however. Also damn, luckily my showing on the 25th played without issue, but apparently there was a showing on the 26th where the projector broke down.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/regal-edwards- ... o?start=10
It seems like pretty much every theater had an issue…I hope they won’t have an issue next Friday 🤓

I also saw Indy Museum had an issue one day too…anyone gone to Metreon 16?

:gonf:

“Oppenheimer” will control the Imax footprint until Denzel Washington’s “The Equalizer 3” takes its spot on Sept. 1. Later in the year, Denis Villeneuve’s “Dune Part II,” also filmed with Imax cameras, is getting an exclusive Imax run starting on Nov. 3.

Still, executives at Imax are confident this summer won’t be the last of “Oppenheimer” in Nolan’s preferred format.

It sounds like it's getting a rerelease next year? Maybe post Oscar nominations.

EOLB wrote:
August 7th, 2023, 5:42 pm
It sounds like it's getting a rerelease next year? Maybe post Oscar nominations.
It won’t surprise me if it happens…Dunkirk had it too

natalie wrote:
August 7th, 2023, 4:51 pm
:gonf:

“Oppenheimer” will control the Imax footprint until Denzel Washington’s “The Equalizer 3” takes its spot on Sept. 1. Later in the year, Denis Villeneuve’s “Dune Part II,” also filmed with Imax cameras, is getting an exclusive Imax run starting on Nov. 3.

Still, executives at Imax are confident this summer won’t be the last of “Oppenheimer” in Nolan’s preferred format.
Amazing

Wow, maybe there's a chance I can actually see this in IMAX now. :D

Man I must one special unlucky person…so as I had mentioned earlier, for opening night I drove 75mi to Irvine, CA. However, they got technical issues so it was projected in digital and gave the crowd free passes.

I use the free passes to get tix to Regal Ontario CA for IMAX 70mm on tomorrow, and I get this email…whyyyyyyy☹️

https://imgur.com/a/cGNDGmJ

Last time I saw IMAX 70mm was Dunkirk during its fourth week in theaters. There was no one else in the theater. Nowadays Oppenheimer is still selling out theaters. How did IMAX 70mm become so popular??? Genuinely asking!