Oppenheimer - IMAX locations and info thread

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

IMAX was sticking with Oppenheimer through August

This means it gets an extra week in IMAX right? Bc Gran Turismo was gonna get those screens but now I guess Blue Beetle will be the one?

^Yes.

I've also noticed that City Walk will be screening it in the IMAX GT laser projection format on August 17th.

Hugh Veide wrote:
July 29th, 2023, 3:49 am
nisarshaikh wrote:
July 28th, 2023, 7:21 pm
This means it gets an extra week in IMAX right? Bc Gran Turismo was gonna get those screens but now I guess Blue Beetle will be the one?
Is this story true to life?
As I said earlier, this is definitely true in case of Gran Turismo (as IMAX in Ontario California had it, then removed it, and started making tix available)...and in case of Blue Beetle, so far it seems true...AMC Metreo 16 (in San Fransisco) has listed times for Blue Beetle on Aug 17 (and their last showing for Oppenheimer in IMAX 70mm is on Aug 15)...AMC Citywalk though hasn't listed Blue Beetle for IMAX yet, but it seems like their last IMAX 70mm is on Aug 16 at 8:45pm, not even a 11pm screening:/

I wonder if Dune 2 is getting delayed, that would give them opportunity for rerelease.

Citywalk LA IMAX is switching to digital after August 16th.

neb4ever wrote:
July 30th, 2023, 6:33 pm
Citywalk LA IMAX is switching to digital after August 16th.
Lolol why do you think I said “it seems like their last IMAX 70mm is on Aug 16 at 8:45pm”

CityWalk has removed their IMAX presale tix for Blue Beetle...please please please give it to Oppenheimer 70mm!!!

I went to TCL Chinese theatre IMAX70mm, and honestly the experience is not even close to CityWalk...IMO, they have a massive and beautiful theatre but the screen and the sound is not doing the justice for such a massive theater...again IMO they need a few more speakers for the sound to be more clear for dialogue, and the screen definitely needs to be 60ft tall at least... this 40ft tall is not doing justice.