Oppenheimer - IMAX locations and info thread

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
El Especial wrote:
July 22nd, 2023, 2:33 pm
StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
July 22nd, 2023, 12:34 pm
I am heading over to Regal Ontario Palace on Tuesday afternoon, hopefully the 70mm print will play without issue, very excited. :twothumbsup:
Lucky Ontario has a very nice theatre
Yeah, the IMAX there is pretty awesome, especially since the Laser upgrade. I was there for Avatar 2 and Guardians 3, both were superb presentations. :D

July 22nd, 2023, 4:27 pm
El Especial wrote:
I am heading over to Regal Ontario Palace on Tuesday afternoon, hopefully the 70mm print will play without issue, very excited. :twothumbsup:
Yeah, the IMAX there is pretty awesome, especially since the Laser upgrade. I was there for Avatar 2 and Guardians 3, both were superb presentations. :D
Well these comments give me hope…perhaps I should make a visit there.

Reading about all the projector problems for IMAX 70mm showings...anybody been to the Indiana Museum IMAX yet for Oppenheimer, if so, how was it? Finally going this weekend and worried about the presentation.

radewart wrote:
July 25th, 2023, 8:13 pm
Reading about all the projector problems for IMAX 70mm showings...anybody been to the Indiana Museum IMAX yet for Oppenheimer, if so, how was it? Finally going this weekend and worried about the presentation.
Saw it at the Indiana State Museum this past weekend. No issues at all. Amazing picture and sound. Only minor complaint was that the seats do not recline, but overall very good experience.

radewart wrote:
July 25th, 2023, 8:13 pm
I'm worried about this too. I'm seeing it there Friday, and if there are any problems, there's really no rescheduling. It's basically sold out for its entire run.

July 22nd, 2023, 4:27 pm
El Especial wrote:
Are you certain Ontario has a laser projector? On the IMAX website it is not listed as "IMAX WITH LASER" from what I can see. I did see "Oppenheimer" in 15/70 IMAX there, but I've avoided going there for regular, digital "IMAX" presentations on the assumption that they still only have one of, or two of, the older xenon digital projectors.

Literally the only 70mm showing in the whole goddamn city and apparently the A/C is out.

What in the atomic fuck.

IMAX 70mm San Antonio and Dallas are both booked up for the next week.

Can someone please go ahead just kill me instead?

I genuinely hope some show it after Aug12 or 16…or bring it back…I wish at least they would add some early morning showings like TCL Chinese