Oppenheimer - IMAX locations and info thread

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
AsianVersionOfET wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 2:54 pm
Goddammit…
Good Afternoon –

We will be showing Oppenheimer when it is released but at this time we don’t know when tickets will go on sale. At a minimum the film will be shown in dual 4k laser projection. There is still a possibility of being able to show the film in 70mm. There are a number of logistical items that still need to be worked out in order for us show the film in 70mm. Hope this information helps and please let us know if there are any questions.

Best regards,
Richard
Smithsonian Theaters
This is the Airbus IMAX theater in Chantilly, VA. I really hope they get it figured out in time.
Dual Laser IMAX projection on a real deal, old school IMAX screen is phenomenal. Experienced it myself with Dunkirk and it was just as good as my old experience in 70mm IMAX for TDK and TDKR.

KEM
El Especial wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 12:26 am
Yeah I totally forgot to bring this up here, but I saw Dead Reckoning at Universal CityWalk back on Wednesday and they had all this setup, one RDJ outfit, two Cillian outfits, and one Pugh outfit

SINCEPTION wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 10:27 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 4:19 pm
Won't be able to catch a 70mm IMAX until August 9th. I've been busy and procrastinated on getting tickets, and Universal Citywalk 70mm IMAX is pretty much fully booked for weeks, except for scattered single seats in the first few rows, way too close for me. Great to see everyone so interested in the movie though that it's been booked for weeks out lol (at least in 70mm IMAX)

Maybe I'll catch it earlier in a non-IMAX format, then have that 70mm IMAX as my 2nd viewing.
Why don’t you try Ontario?
A bit far for me, I think I'll just stick with Universal, it's 12 minutes away from me. I already drove all over SoCal for Tenet during the pandemic :lol:

Good suggestion though, I just skimmed their seats, and Ontario's mid-week 70mm IMAX showings aren't as busy as Citywalk's. Lots of open seats available, if any SoCal residents in here are looking for 70mm IMAX showings.

hotsauce32 wrote:
July 18th, 2023, 1:58 am
SINCEPTION wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 10:27 pm
hotsauce32 wrote:
July 17th, 2023, 4:19 pm
Won't be able to catch a 70mm IMAX until August 9th. I've been busy and procrastinated on getting tickets, and Universal Citywalk 70mm IMAX is pretty much fully booked for weeks, except for scattered single seats in the first few rows, way too close for me. Great to see everyone so interested in the movie though that it's been booked for weeks out lol (at least in 70mm IMAX)

Maybe I'll catch it earlier in a non-IMAX format, then have that 70mm IMAX as my 2nd viewing.
Why don’t you try Ontario?
A bit far for me, I think I'll just stick with Universal, it's 12 minutes away from me. I already drove all over SoCal for Tenet during the pandemic :lol:

EDIT: Westwood village showing it in 70mm...perhaps wouldn't be a bad idea to watch it there before it's closed down:(

Good suggestion though, I just skimmed their seats, and Ontario's mid-week 70mm IMAX showings aren't as busy as Citywalk's. Lots of open seats available, if any SoCal residents in here are looking for 70mm IMAX showings.
If I had extra tix, I would offer you to join me. My friends all are coming.

Irvine's most seats are gone for the first few weeks too, but I'm definitely considering going to see it at Ontario...It seems like it's one of the top 5 largest IMAX theaters in US...maybe we can carpool.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered already - Any confirmation of how much of the film is in 1.43:1 presentation?

Seems like some theaters have had early "fan screenings"...Reading Cinemas showed in 70mm in San Diego and this IMAX theater in FL shows it tomorrow afternoon

https://mods.org/movies/oppenheimer/