Oppenheimer - IMAX locations and info thread

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
I got my 6:45 ticket on 7.22 at the AutoNation IMAX in Ft. Lauderdale. See y’all there!

Philly-LaFleur wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 10:15 am
I just spoke to the manager at the Regal King of Prussia IMAX (Philadelphia area), and despite being listed as a confirmed 70MM IMAX theater, he said they're still experiencing technical issues getting the projector to work. It's their intention to screen Oppenheimer in 70MM IMAX but tickets won't go on-sale until the projector issues are resolved.

***Take this with a grain of salt. I believe the projector issue, as a reliable poster on reddit confirmed they were fixing it weeks ago, but I feel like the tickets will still be made available very soon***
That sucks

Prague? Yay! :twothumbsup: I lost my hope after Tenet not being shown in 70mm there.

Nicewatch wrote:
June 1st, 2023, 7:07 pm
I got my 6:45 ticket on 7.22 at the AutoNation IMAX in Ft. Lauderdale. See y’all there!
Same here, except I am going to the 3:45pm showing. Can't wait.

SolidMel10 wrote:
June 2nd, 2023, 11:10 am
Nicewatch wrote:
I was already planning to go to the AutoNation months in advance for Tenet because they had 1.43 laser, the only one in the state. One day, they tweeted that they reinstalled their 15/70 projector. I asked if they would show Tenet on 70 but they were hush hush about it. One morning, I woke up and saw the announcement they were indeed presenting it on 15/70. I cried.

The day off, this was the height of the pandemic, we showed up an hour early to get in line to get good seats. The manager comes out and tells us they assigned seats for us because of the COVID capacity limit and it’s sold out, but assured us we had seats “in the middle.” We get to our seats and find out we had the middle…of the second row. The resolution and detail at that distance was unreal, but my neck still hasn’t recovered.

I got priority entrance this time to avoid that haha.

Nicewatch wrote:
June 2nd, 2023, 8:19 pm
SolidMel10 wrote:
June 2nd, 2023, 11:10 am
Nicewatch wrote:

I was already planning to go to the AutoNation months in advance for Tenet because they had 1.43 laser, the only one in the state. One day, they tweeted that they reinstalled their 15/70 projector. I asked if they would show Tenet on 70 but they were hush hush about it. One morning, I woke up and saw the announcement they were indeed presenting it on 15/70. I cried.

The day off, this was the height of the pandemic, we showed up an hour early to get in line to get good seats. The manager comes out and tells us they assigned seats for us because of the COVID capacity limit and it’s sold out, but assured us we had seats “in the middle.” We get to our seats and find out we had the middle…of the second row. The resolution and detail at that distance was unreal, but my neck still hasn’t recovered.

I got priority entrance this time to avoid that haha.
Since The Dark Knight Rises I have seen all of Nolan's film in Autonation. I always pay for priority seating and try to get there super early to ensure I get the seats that I want. The experience is like no other.

Planning to see this at the Indiana Museum IMAX, using personal time from work and making alittle mini vacation out of it. My Dad is going to come with me, so hopefully it's worth it!

Damn. Closest theater is 10 hours away from me. The Liemax theaters in Iowa suck ass.

radewart wrote:
June 4th, 2023, 2:07 pm
Planning to see this at the Indiana Museum IMAX, using personal time from work and making alittle mini vacation out of it. My Dad is going to come with me, so hopefully it's worth it!
Same thing I'm doing, but I may not be going to Indianapolis until a week later on July 29. So, if you're still in Indy the weekend it releases, I may have two tickets for Saturday, July 22 at 3:15 that I won't need if you're interested in having them. Not 100% sure just yet, but I'll either have two tickets for July 22 or July 29 (also at 3:15) I won't get to attend (I had to buy two for both Saturdays since I'm not sure which I can go to yet). So if you or anyone else on this forum wants them (for free, not trying to scalp here), I'll get back to you when I know for sure which weekend.

Hustler wrote:
June 4th, 2023, 3:45 pm
radewart wrote:
June 4th, 2023, 2:07 pm
Same thing I'm doing, but I may not be going to Indianapolis until a week later on July 29. So, if you're still in Indy the weekend it releases, I may have two tickets for Saturday, July 22 at 3:15 that I won't need if you're interested in having them. Not 100% sure just yet, but I'll either have two tickets for July 22 or July 29 (also at 3:15) I won't get to attend (I had to buy two for both Saturdays since I'm not sure which I can go to yet). So if you or anyone else on this forum wants them (for free, not trying to scalp here), I'll get back to you when I know for sure which weekend.
Thanks for the offer, but we're likely going the 26th, hopefully someone else on this forum can take the tickets off your hands.