TV Spots

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
And people doubt there'll be something during the Superbowl...

I can't wait to watch it. What was in it? A lot of new footage?

KEM
EOLB wrote:
January 29th, 2023, 6:20 pm
And people doubt there'll be something during the Superbowl...

I can't wait to watch it. What was in it? A lot of new footage?
Yeah there was new footage!! I wasn’t fully paying attention when it first started but when I looked up I heard some new dialogue and saw some new shots we definitely haven’t seen before, it’ll probably be online by the end of the day

There was a new line of dialogue for sure, the trailer said "I don't know if we can be trusted with such a weapon" or whatever but this commercial adds "But I know the Nazis can't"

KEM
They showed it again during the Bengals vs Chiefs, I can absolutely confirm there’s new footage and dialogue

Loved the bit about not trusting the Nazis with such a weapon...hope it brings context to normal folks why Oppenheimer and others felt it was necessary to make such a horrible thing.

Forum Pro
Not a WHOLE lot of new footage. I'd say two shots total are entirely new. The rest is footage that was in either the regular trailer or the IMAX exclusive one.

Ace

Ace wrote:
January 29th, 2023, 11:11 pm
:clap:

Barely any new footage, but thank you for posting it.

I'm totally expecting a Superbowl television spot now, though.

Superbowl ads are so much more expensive, they usually are only used by films that are sure to get some payoff from it: big franchise movies that can still make tons of money if the film is garbage, and can quickly be recognized by the viewer. It's rare that they're used for films that are big gamble.