Poll: The bomb going off is gonna be in colour isn't it...

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Well?

Obviously
91%
Absolutely not
9%

Total votes: 22

I think it’s gonna be color until after the bomb goes off. Then everything that takes place after the bombs dropping on Hiroshima and Nagasaki is in black and white, because the world is now an even colder and brutal place, and the life and “color” has been sucked out of the world.

I think the bomb is going to be gay colored

If he did it in black and white, everyone would just compare it to the Trinity test in Twin Peaks: The Return.

Ruth wrote:
November 30th, 2022, 2:34 pm
I think the bomb is going to be gay colored
if this doesnt happen I riot

It'll be interesting if it makes the rest of the film in colour, maybe showing both the technological advancement and how it's affected the rest of history in a stark and noteworthy way. If it makes it in black and white then as pointed out, it's a negative event that drained the world of life so that would make sense. Once we get a full trailer or two it'll probably be clearer.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 1st, 2022, 6:36 pm
It'll be interesting if it makes the rest of the film in colour, maybe showing both the technological advancement and how it's affected the rest of history in a stark and noteworthy way. If it makes it in black and white then as pointed out, it's a negative event that drained the world of life so that would make sense. Once we get a full trailer or two it'll probably be clearer.
This is what I keep thinking...its a reverse Wizard of Oz. Instead of entering a magical world, they unleashed this terror on the world.

Failsafe with Henry Fonda dropping the bomb on NY at the end is the starkest ending ever, and is the film to beat in this category!

dsus4gtr wrote:
December 1st, 2022, 8:54 pm
Failsafe with Henry Fonda dropping the bomb on NY at the end is the starkest ending ever, and is the film to beat in this category!
Can’t believe I’ve never heard of this. Sidney Lumet! I need to watch it!

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
December 2nd, 2022, 12:03 am
dsus4gtr wrote:
December 1st, 2022, 8:54 pm
Can’t believe I’ve never heard of this. Sidney Lumet! I need to watch it!
I also enjoy Lumet’s 12 Angry Men as a totally immersive experience with Lee J Cobb’s cadenza-like emotional story arc performance at the end of the film, and again Henry Fonda - putting his jacket on for him.

Nolan’s film will be on a grander scale than Failsafe and 12 Angry Men, but if it’s half as immersive as those I’ll be pleased!