Oppenheimer Prologue

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Forum Pro
Its November 1st.

I expect some news regarding the prologue, if there is one, to be released within the next few weeks, maybe early December.

I wonder what it's going to be, I'm expecting one similar to Dunkirk. Not the opening of the film but a short reel made of different scenes, that highlight what kind of movie we're going to be seeing.

We're getting close

Very much looking forward to this one since essentially it is still a biopic. I wonder how Nolan's gonna present it in his style.

Looking forward to this for Nolan. The subject matter in and of itself is not particulary appealing but I hope to be surprised.

Forum Pro
I've always found his trailer #1's (not to be confused with the teasers) to be a bit underwhelming, Dunkirk especially. But his prologues are always massively better, also being more indicative of the tone and style. The prologue for this one is going to be very important.

DylanHoang wrote:
November 2nd, 2022, 11:54 am
I've always found his trailer #1's (not to be confused with the teasers) to be a bit underwhelming, Dunkirk especially. But his prologues are always massively better, also being more indicative of the tone and style. The prologue for this one is going to be very important.
Agree, generally. The first official trailers for Interstellar and Tenet are still my fav trailers released for those flicks, Interstellar because it is just all awe, and Tenet because it so mysterious. The Prologues are where it's at.

I know everyone is expecting it to be attached to 'Avatar: The Way of Water', but wouldn't 'Babylon' be more fitting?

I'm still expecting the first trailer to play in front of 'The Fabelmans' (wide release) too, but I could be wrong on both predictions.

Forum Pro
EOLB wrote:
November 2nd, 2022, 2:58 pm
I know everyone is expecting it to be attached to 'Avatar: The Way of Water', but wouldn't 'Babylon' be more fitting?

I'm still expecting the first trailer to play in front of 'The Fabelmans' (wide release) too, but I could be wrong on both predictions.
By all accounts this is still a blockbuster, so placing it in front of *potentially* the biggest blockbuster of the year still makes sense. Placing it in front of The Fabelmans or Babylon doesn't do it any favors. It'll get some more business for those movies if that winds up being the case, but further unjustifies its summer release date if those are the movies it winds up being more comparable to

EOLB wrote:
November 2nd, 2022, 2:58 pm

Dunkirk prologue - Dec 15th 2016 in front of Rogue One
TENET prologue - Dec 19th 2019 in front of Star Wars: Episode IX

Avatar Way of the Water - Dec 15th 2022

It does make sense to try to make it as visible as possible, but yes, this film feels a bit different from his usual output. It just looks a bit jarring when you imagine them together, but I guess the goal is to attract all kinds of audiences.