Oppenheimer Prologue

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
KEM
The Special One wrote:
March 24th, 2023, 2:29 am
Anyone else go watch John Wick Thursday night and get this prologue trailer play in front? A very lovely surprise
Yep!! Saw it in IMAX last night

Damon's delivery of the "Near zero?" line is very good. Sometimes we take Matt Damon too much for granted, I think.
Like he's able to carry a big action movie (Bourne), he's one of the funniest actor (see him on SNL or Kimmel) and can also carry a big drama (The Martian, Good will hunting), and is also great when he's supporting (True Grit). He has worked with Coppola, Scorsese, Spielberg, Van Sant, Nolan, Coen bros, Greengrass, Soderbergh, Scott, Gilliam, Eastwood, Payne, Mangold...
What an actor!

Demoph wrote:
March 28th, 2023, 6:32 pm
Damon's delivery of the "Near zero?" line is very good. Sometimes we take Matt Damon too much for granted, I think.
Like he's able to carry a big action movie (Bourne), he's one of the funniest actor (see him on SNL or Kimmel) and can also carry a big drama (The Martian, Good will hunting), and is also great when he's supporting (True Grit). He has worked with Coppola, Scorsese, Spielberg, Van Sant, Nolan, Coen bros, Greengrass, Soderbergh, Scott, Gilliam, Eastwood, Payne, Mangold...
What an actor!
True. That's hell of a point.

Damon was great in the upcoming "Air". I think he's one of the best leading man actors around right now, I'd take him over alot of his contemporaries like DiCaprio, Bradly Cooper, hell even Bale.

Demoph wrote:
March 28th, 2023, 6:32 pm
What an actor!
I think that like a lot of actors, he's most interesting when he's got an interesting part. Bourne was cool for a bit but he's not really a leading action star type actor in general. His turn in Jason Bourne in particular felt very tired and dull. The guy is also a master at crying on film.

The IMAX prologue actually played at a normal, non-IMAX screening of John Wick Chapter 4 that I had a week ago at my local cinema.

It was a nice surprise and lovely to finally see that trailer on the big screen.

Hey guys,

Is there anyone who has the trailer with the IMAX aspect ratio (the one we originally got with German audio) mixed with the 5.1 audio from the digital theater version?

Thank you

I think somebody also upscaled this version, too. In theory you could cut in the titles if you adjust the gamma. You'd have to check the framerate on the video though, the audio is from the DCP and thus at 24 FPS, I don't have the IMAX file here at the moment but it could be at a different framerate. You'd have to adjust the speed a bit to match

Went our local IMAX laser yesterday to watch Fast X and they were showing the IMAX prologue in 1.43:1 for the first time. Incredible to finally see it in it's full aspect ratio.

lunar_rover wrote:
May 4th, 2023, 4:11 pm
I think somebody also upscaled this version, too. In theory you could cut in the titles if you adjust the gamma. You'd have to check the framerate on the video though, the audio is from the DCP and thus at 24 FPS, I don't have the IMAX file here at the moment but it could be at a different framerate. You'd have to adjust the speed a bit to match
Wait, you have an HD version of the prologue? Any chance you could share it with us please?