Oppenheimer Prologue

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Yep it's "And if the truth is catastrophic", I watched the German version of the trailer as well and it's a bit more clear there. Or you isolate the voice track from the 5.1 file but it's what Tarssauce said

KEM
lunar_rover wrote:
March 22nd, 2023, 1:38 pm
Yep it's "And if the truth is catastrophic", I watched the German version of the trailer as well and it's a bit more clear there. Or you isolate the voice track from the 5.1 file but it's what Tarssauce said
Can you isolate just the music from the IMAX exclusive trailer? I’d love to have that

Forum Pro

KEM

Ugh this soundtrack is going to be nasty, the orchestral stuff is already pretty scary, but the synths feel just wrong in the best way possible.

KEM
Nicolaslabra wrote:
March 22nd, 2023, 6:10 pm
Ugh this soundtrack is going to be nasty, the orchestral stuff is already pretty scary, but the synths feel just wrong in the best way possible.
Absolutely!! Ludwig is going to kill it, his score is what I’m most excited for

Forum Pro
Can someone send me a copy of the prologue/IMAX special?

Please,
JS

It's here: https://thedigitaltheater.com/oppenheimer-2023/

We only have a Flat and a Scope version of this trailer, no IMAX aspect ratio (for the DCP). Did anyone ever compare it to the first file I sent around, the German one? I actually never did that but I could swear the black bars had a similar size.

That one was IMAX 1.90:1. The difference between 1.90:1 and 2.20:1 is not big. But 1.90:1 makes the scope version look too cropped in. It’s funny we have a 4K scope version and a 2K compressed IMAX version.

Another note: The Blu-ray version will probably have a bit more image as 1.78:1 is slightly taller than 1.90:1.

More:

Anyone else go watch John Wick Thursday night and get this prologue trailer play in front? A very lovely surprise