Oppenheimer Prologue

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Ace

Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 9th, 2022, 8:16 am
StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
December 8th, 2022, 11:23 pm
I don't see M:I 7 and Oppenheimer opening just a week apart like they're currently slated to.
Dunkirk opened two weeks after Spider Man Homecoming and one week after War for the Planet of the Apes and it still did well.
No Way Home grossed more than all three of these combined.

Forum Pro
blackColumn wrote:
December 9th, 2022, 11:01 am
Waitedalongtime wrote:
I don't see M:I 7 and Oppenheimer opening just a week apart like they're currently slated to.
Dunkirk opened two weeks after Spider Man Homecoming and one week after War for the Planet of the Apes and it still did well.
Not sure where that fits into this, of course NWH was going to do incredible business.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
I suppose that's true, not sure if Cruise/Paramount will want M:I 7 in IMAX for just one week though, we'll see how it goes.

I am looking forward to the Mission extended preview for sure, if anything it probably makes more sense than having one for Oppenheimer.

DylanHoang wrote:
December 9th, 2022, 12:12 pm
blackColumn wrote:
December 9th, 2022, 11:01 am
Waitedalongtime wrote:

Not sure where that fits into this, of course NWH was going to do incredible business.
No its performance was much than higher than the expectations were. Lockdowns were still a big thing when NWH did great business. Now again we are seeing something equally or even more phenomenal with Avarar 2 pre booking numbers in China despite strict Covid restrictions in place.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 8th, 2022, 1:04 am
Maybe its time to say it again, i dont think this movie warrants a prologue, Dunkirk and Tenet did, because of the way they open, but interstellar ? Inception ? those didnt, i bet this one doesnt either.
well it seems you were right. slightly disappointed we're not getting one next week unless it turns out to be a last minute thing.

Ace wrote:
December 9th, 2022, 10:28 am
Another rating for a IMAX trailer for M:I7 from a French site. It’s subtitled Norway so looks like it’s a extended sequence like the Nolan prologues.

https://mcc.gouv.qc.ca/index-i%3d5944.html
FYI it's a behind the scenes featurette on that bike jump. Leaked in 4K a couple days ago, presumed it was meant to be an IMAX exclusive.

Might count out the prologue in that case if it is gonna be marketed as an IMAX exclusive... Though now I see a rating for a Creed III IMAX featurette so maybe multiple exclusive looks are okay haha

antovolk wrote:
December 10th, 2022, 3:40 am
Ace wrote:
December 9th, 2022, 10:28 am
Another rating for a IMAX trailer for M:I7 from a French site. It’s subtitled Norway so looks like it’s a extended sequence like the Nolan prologues.

https://mcc.gouv.qc.ca/index-i%3d5944.html
FYI it's a behind the scenes featurette on that bike jump. Leaked in 4K a couple days ago, presumed it was meant to be an IMAX exclusive.

Might count out the prologue in that case if it is gonna be marketed as an IMAX exclusive... Though now I see a rating for a Creed III IMAX featurette so maybe multiple exclusive looks are okay haha
Nice

I guess this should be renamed IMAX Sneak Peek or something (based on the AP official story and the thing posted in the other thread).

Anyway BRING IT

Any info on how long this will be?