Oppenheimer Prologue

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:
December 7th, 2022, 4:28 pm
Yeah, I guess it might be trailer only this time around. Could be due to Universal being unable to obtain a 6 minute slot and Disney not willing to play ball. Maybe there'll be a Prologue or extended look in front of something else next year (Fast X would be most likely, as that's a Universal movie).
I think it's also possible we all need to adjust expectations here. I am wondering if we are trying to treat this film as if it will be similar to Nolan's big action showcase films as opposed to a Prestige or Memento. Although, I'm still torn as to why a $200 million budget would be needed for a quiet biopic... so idk.

Yeah, I guess it might be trailer only this time around. Could be due to Universal being unable to obtain a 6 minute slot and Disney not willing to play ball. Maybe there'll be a Prologue or extended look in front of something else next year (Fast X would be most likely, as that's a Universal movie).
Good point hadn't thought about that

u2aerofan wrote:
December 7th, 2022, 5:47 pm
I think it's also possible we all need to adjust expectations here. I am wondering if we are trying to treat this film as if it will be similar to Nolan's big action showcase films as opposed to a Prestige or Memento. Although, I'm still torn as to why a $200 million budget would be needed for a quiet biopic... so idk.
It's just 100.

Maybe its time to say it again, i dont think this movie warrants a prologue, Dunkirk and Tenet did, because of the way they open, but interstellar ? Inception ? those didnt, i bet this one doesnt either.

Ace

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 8th, 2022, 1:04 am
Maybe its time to say it again, i dont think this movie warrants a prologue, Dunkirk and Tenet did, because of the way they open, but interstellar ? Inception ? those didnt, i bet this one doesnt either.
Interstellar had a special trailer tho

This seems more likely for Oppenheimer instead of a prologue
Last edited by Virtualcrane on December 8th, 2022, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If Mission Impossible is really good and it looks like it will be, I worry about IMAX availability and just generally success for Oppenheimer going up against it...

I don't see M:I 7 and Oppenheimer opening just a week apart like they're currently slated to.

December 8th, 2022, 11:23 pm
I don't see M:I 7 and Oppenheimer opening just a week apart like they're currently slated to.
Dunkirk opened two weeks after Spider Man Homecoming and one week after War for the Planet of the Apes and it still did well.