Oppenheimer Prologue

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Wait, Avatar: The Way of Water is actually 190 minutes long?

lol forget the prologue. There were already 10 legit reasons for why there'll be no prologue for this film and this is reason 11.

Insomniac wrote:
November 5th, 2022, 5:52 pm
Wait, Avatar: The Way of Water is actually 190 minutes long?

lol forget the prologue. There were already 10 legit reasons for why there'll be no prologue for this film and this is reason 11.
You could play along with Nolan Fans but you chose to be rational instead.

KEM
I’m glad it’s not with Avatar cause I really don’t wanna spend money to see that trash movie

I doubt that Avatar's runtime will stop the Prologue from happening. Avengers: Endgame in IMAX had an extended preview for Godzilla KOTM, and the 1st Hobbit in IMAX had an extended Star Trek Into Darkness preview.

Exactly. I still believe we’re getting something with Avatar. Do people think they’ll immediately play the movie just because it’s over 3 hours long? Ads and trailers will still play. The prologue would be 5-6 minutes long so it would fit a 10-15 minute pre show program.

But we’ll see who’s right in about four weeks. If there’s a prologue, I except we’ll get news of it the leading week once it gets rated. A trailer in my opinion is a given. I’ll be genuinely surprised if it doesn’t drop with Avatar.

Forum Pro
Not sure if this has already been brought up, but during my rewatch of Interstellar last night, I recalled the IMAX exclusive trailer they had for that. What if they go that route instead of a traditional prologue? We could get some archival footage of that time period, maybe from the perspective of other countries? And then the end is a sizzle of footage from the actual movie, letting us know that this is the story from Oppenheimer's perspective. On paper, this sounds like it could be a very unique approach, but everyone's already worried about how an extended scene from this will be appropriate in front of Avatar and this idea does seem even more niche. Fun to ponder though.

KEM wrote:
November 6th, 2022, 1:09 pm
I’m glad it’s not with Avatar cause I really don’t wanna spend money to see that trash movie
or you could do like I did last time. watch the prolouge and walk out of the theater.

If it's happening we should get news soon.

any day now...

So has anyone seen it?