Trailer #1

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Two great things will happen this December and Oppenheimer's trailer is one of them.

what is the other?

Christmas?

Uno
666kalpa wrote:
September 17th, 2022, 12:46 am
what is the other?
Oppenheimer IMAX Prologue

I've already said it in the other thread, but I really think they'll go with 'The Fabelmans', another Universal Pictures release.

The real question is if they do it with its limited release (November 11) or its wide release (November 23).

I can't wait for a proper look!

The Special One wrote:
September 17th, 2022, 2:02 am
Christmas?

Forum Pro
Just had a thought, what if we get Trailer #1 with Wakanda Forever and the prologue with Avatar: The Way of Water? Trailer #1 would still be attached to TWOW, but the prologue would be attached to IMAX screenings of it. Oppenheimer is gonna have to be big with its marketing campaign, not that it already hasn't, but attaching some sort of specific promotion with both of the biggest movies of the rest of the year is a possibility.

DylanHoang wrote:
October 3rd, 2022, 11:53 am
Just had a thought, what if we get Trailer #1 with Wakanda Forever and the prologue with Avatar: The Way of Water? Trailer #1 would still be attached to TWOW, but the prologue would be attached to IMAX screenings of it. Oppenheimer is gonna have to be big with its marketing campaign, not that it already hasn't, but attaching some sort of specific promotion with both of the biggest movies of the rest of the year is a possibility.
It's possible. I just want to point out 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever' (wide) is released on the same day as 'The Fabelmans' (limited), which was my original prediction.

I still think both will be with Avatar. The prologue is an IMAX exclusive and Avatar will be the biggest IMAX event after Top Gun: Maverick this year. The trailer attached to anything non-IMAX. Just like Dunkirk and Tenet.

Plus, the teaser is already being pushed really hard in the US. So it’ll probably play before Wakanda Forever.

I can't think of anything more ill-fitting and tonally jarring than a po-faced B&W prologue of this playing before a 3D digital HFR animated family adventure movie.

Send your congratulations to Team Barbie if that happens.

Would love to be wrong though.