Trailer #1

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
KEM
Has anyone managed to get the AFC/NFC Championship tv spot in hd??

Anybody been to see the new Ant Man movie? Anybody in IMAX? Wondering what trailer versions their showing for Oppenheimer...

Anyone notice that the Black and White footage in the IMAX trailer has more obvious grain, the grain structure, for lack of a better word, is larger. Is this just me?

When should we expect the next trailer? With 'Fast X' in May?

Ace
Going by past Nolan films with the July release date a trailer usually goes with the first summer blockbuster of the year, so this time it’s Guardians of the Galaxy 3. Dunkirk had its main trailer with Guardians 2 back in 2017.

Forum Pro
A Borges man wrote:
February 20th, 2023, 7:24 pm
Anyone notice that the Black and White footage in the IMAX trailer has more obvious grain, the grain structure, for lack of a better word, is larger. Is this just me?
I noticed this too, especially after rewatching the digital theatre version at home several times

DylanHoang wrote:
February 21st, 2023, 3:37 pm
A Borges man wrote:
February 20th, 2023, 7:24 pm
I noticed this too, especially after rewatching the digital theatre version at home several times
It's because we are both intellectuals.

if its on a better codec/bitrate, textures like grain will become more apparent, the lower the bit rate, the more those fine details get lost in the compression, IMAX is the most crystal clear from of analog motion imaging, but its still grainy here and there.