Trailer #1

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
KEM
Willem wrote:
December 20th, 2022, 5:44 am
antovolk wrote:
December 20th, 2022, 3:57 am
Willem wrote:
December 19th, 2022, 7:17 pm

Actually, I remember a report back in 2016 or so stating that Nolan himself cut the Dunkirk teaser. And he of course cuts the prologues including sizzle reel with his editor.

I think it’s a very real possibility him and Lame cut the IMAX trailer
Dunkirk campaign (minus the prologue) are all agency cuts (Trailer Park for teaser, Buddha Jones I believe for the first trailer and Ignition for the final). Lee Smith was officially credited as co editor for the Interstellar teaser together with the team from Ignition...

So yeah I suspect any IMAX / special looks Nolan is directly hands on. Though no doubt very involved across the rest of the campaigns.
I see! This is why we need you here Anton. :gonf: Must have been a false report then.

I do wonder if the (non-IMAX) trailer soundtrack is Goransson's or Universal's work.
Yeah I’m most concerned about who did the music. The IMAX trailer is Ludwig’s music, I can confirm that for sure, but the music in the regular trailer is very different so I’m not sure if it’s from a trailer house or a different part of the score

I’m guessing the teaser is Goransson, trailer is an agency and the IMAX ttailer is tricky because it has Nolan’s trademarks. It reminds so much of the Dunkirk prologue. It matches the tone of the tease so it’s either 100% Goransson or a collab with an agency.

Oppenheimer Trailer 1 somehow gives me Imitation Games Trailer vibes

Damn the trailer 1 soundtrack is so powerful. It's remorseful and saddening, but it also has this very personal quality to it. I really hope they use it in the movie.

The music in trailer 1 actually sounds like it would fit for a new high end Superman adaptation too. Absolutely love it. Even if it’s not the original score for Oppenheimer.

The acting and visuals in both the IMAX and regular trailers are looking like top tier Nolan work. Very confident and excitedly looking forward to seeing the movie in theaters.

William Blake wrote:
December 20th, 2022, 12:11 pm
The music in trailer 1 actually sounds like it would fit for a new high end Superman adaptation too. Absolutely love it. Even if it’s not the original score for Oppenheimer.

The acting and visuals in both the IMAX and regular trailers are looking like top tier Nolan work. Very confident and excitedly looking forward to seeing the movie in theaters.
I had the Superman vibe too, Man of Steel has a very similar soundtrack. I just can't stop watching the trailer, Hoyte can use it as a showreel.

What do you guys think the chalkboard shot is about

FYI: confirmed the score in this trailer is indeed Ludwig.

KEM
antovolk wrote:
December 20th, 2022, 7:18 pm
FYI: confirmed the score in this trailer is indeed Ludwig.
Where’d you get the info?!

In American Prometheus, I loved reading the sections where Oppenheimer rode his horse in the New Mexico mountains. Is there a chance Nolan shot some IMAX footage with horses in the mountains for this film?