Trailer #1

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
isnt it strange that we didnt get the Universal Logo in the trailer? Like for the WB movies Nolan had made..the logo did appear

or did i miss something?

blackColumn wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 11:57 am
Best resolution I could find. Can't believe it is coming this July!!
Here's a 2764x4096 version from WB: https://i.imgur.com/jEateQb.jpg
(I sold Batman News 4 years ago but still have access to WB's press site)

I have the pro-res version of the new Oppenheimer trailer too. Any recommendations where I can upload it? It's 2.3GB

Yeah, really liking the visual style- reminds me of Interstellar. Also, Cillian looking good.

Feel like this is gonna be a awards season favorite.

KEM
Batman-News.com wrote:
December 19th, 2022, 2:35 am
blackColumn wrote:

I have the pro-res version of the new Oppenheimer trailer too. Any recommendations where I can upload it? It's 2.3GB
For real? I gotta see that Pro Res version!!

KEM wrote:
December 19th, 2022, 3:45 am
Batman-News.com wrote:
blackColumn wrote:

For real? I gotta see that Pro Res version!!
Count me in as well!

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 18th, 2022, 10:24 pm
El Especial wrote:
December 18th, 2022, 8:40 pm
Anyone know the significance of the fish bowl full of marbles?
I think its a visual metaphor for a criticality experiment, where you place some highly radioactive material in an unsulating/encapsulating container, and the particles cant escape, increasing reactivity, and potentially reaching criticality, wich is needed for Nuclear detonations, bare in mind this is not a scientist speaking haha, its what i can recall from what ive read and seen, look up the demon core experiments.
Thank you for this explanation

I love the trailer (seems like with the bootleg I only missed the first two or three shots), and Cillian's voice is so... different! I can barely recognize it. And he looks so great in the role. Can't wait to see more.

I agree with Vader that it is a rather uplifting tone (even with the more sinister turn in the music towards the end), but for me this is what elevates it to the realm of being an "epic". I mean, the potential is there for this to be one of those huge, generation-spanning biopics, and if you think about how the book spans 60-something years, we've only seen a few percent of that in the trailer. Of course, we don't know how much of it Nolan is adapting, maybe it will be focusing much more on the actual Trinity test and the hearings, presenting only glimpses of his early 20s and later years. I'm still very, very interested to find out if Nolan is going to have the same, depressing ending as the book did, namely:
Towards the very end of the biography, it is grimly stated that Oppenheimer's daughter committed suicide at the age 32, ten years after his father's death. And it is presented in a way that you feel very, very sorry for her; throughout the book it becomes apparent that the poor children were neglected by their father on an emotional level.
All in all, the imagery seems so mature compared to previous Nolan-films, maybe it's just the freshness of it, but I agree that there's even a kind of Spielberg-vibe to it. I love the images, and I love the music.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 19th, 2022, 3:45 am
Feel like this is gonna be a awards season favorite.
It might be actually.

One thing that always counts against Nolan with academy voters is that they lean largely towards ‘actor’s films’, whereas exceptional films that have a high level of technical mastery just get best picture and director noms but never win. This film seems like it has both in spades which is a very rare beast.

Batman-News.com wrote:
blackColumn wrote:

Would love to have it!
Maybe you could get it uploaded here: https://thedigitaltheater.com/