Trailer #1

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Just saw the IMAX trailer bootleg, looks pretty damn sweet. Is there a working link for the regular trailer (in English)?

Vader182 wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 3:33 pm
The IMAX trailer: the building of the atomic bomb was one of the most nerve-splitting and horrifying events in human history and Christopher Nolan will terrify you with the building of the bomb and its consequences

The theatrical trailer: building the bomb was wonderful and also nice

-Vader
standard feels edited by studio imax feels edited by nolan/lame

What are they waiting for to put it online... :blank: :blank: I'm an hardcore fan of Nolan, but I hate this "trailer in cinemas first, online later" thing so much.

Vader182 wrote:
The IMAX trailer: the building of the atomic bomb was one of the most nerve-splitting and horrifying events in human history and Christopher Nolan will terrify you with the building of the bomb and its consequences

-Vader
I think you're over-exaggerating the "nice" tone of the trailer. Just another twitter brained take...

Oppenheimer and Barbie opening the same day is good for movie theaters and I’m sure that’s how Nolan and Gerwig both see it too. They’re excellent counter programming.

William Blake wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 4:38 pm
Oppenheimer and Barbie opening the same day is good for movie theaters and I’m sure that’s how Nolan and Gerwig both see it too. They’re excellent counter programming.
Maybe.

I'm as or more worried about M:I 7 the week prior and Indy a few weeks before that. These three movies have a lot of overlap of the target demo (read: older-skewing men) and it's relatively rare they go to the movies so many times in so brief a time period.

It also could lose premium screens for The Marvels the week after, which would really hurt it. Captain Marvel hit a billion, so it's a sizable threat.

-Vader

Michaelf2225 wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 4:01 pm
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
standard feels edited by studio imax feels edited by nolan/lame
I saw the theatrical trailer in front of Avatar, it does look really technically proficient and the trailer was well edited. I did like what it showed, but I think the best bet is to release both trailers or just the IMAX one because the theatrical one I think will only be partially reflective of how the film is. I think aspects of the theatrical will be reflected in the film and it is an intriguing trailer, but without the context of the film (or the IMAX trailer) it might seem puzzling.

morlock84 wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 4:07 pm
What are they waiting for to put it online... :blank: :blank: I'm an hardcore fan of Nolan, but I hate this "trailer in cinemas first, online later" thing so much.
I don't think they're wanting to put it out the same day as the Barbie trailer

Yeah there's no rush here just wait until Monday

A Borges man wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 4:33 pm
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
I think you're over-exaggerating the "nice" tone of the trailer. Just another twitter brained take...
Yeah this is beginning to echo chamber here, its not uplifting at all, it may induce a sense of wonder and grandure, but there is a really present tone change in the middle of it, and the imagery speaks for itself, i feel moth trailers may have been cut by Lame and Nolan, the montage is exquisite in both.