Trailer #1

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Forum Pro
Law
Is Einstein the “Rise” guy from TDKR? Brilliant.

So Barbie teaser just dropped lol. Next oppenheimer?

Didn't the Oppenheimer teaser with Nope drop after the weekend? Assuming it's the same here.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 10:08 am
Everyone saying one of these movies needs to switch release dates. Part of me wonders whether leaning into the meme of the Barbie-Oppenheimer double feature might actually work. I think it could turn the meme into a reality :lol:

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
Read it as newspaper headline :

Barbie Teaser Just Dropped. Next Oppenheimer?

TENET wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 10:40 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
Everyone saying one of these movies needs to switch release dates. Part of me wonders whether leaning into the meme of the Barbie-Oppenheimer double feature might actually work. I think it could turn the meme into a reality :lol:
Will they be repeating the success of Morbius??!!

TENET wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 10:40 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
I think this is going to be true to some degree. At the same time, the discourse of film vs film is gonna be unbearable.

Law wrote:
December 16th, 2022, 9:24 am
Is Einstein the “Rise” guy from TDKR? Brilliant.
Yes he is - Tom Conti.

He looks absolutely spot on but sadly the very distinct accent isn't there.
Even after living for quite some years in the US, he still had a very heavy German accent (like a pre-school kid would speak in Germany today - of course only the pronunciation).
I know they don't go for 100% accuracy and I think he will just have 1-2 scenes but I am German and it would've been a great detail - especially he grew up in my region (Wurttemberg)

Here an interview from 1946 (starting at 1:30)

Best resolution I could find. Can't believe it is coming this July!!

Just seen Way of Water in my local IMAX (UK). No Oppenheimer trailer or Mission Impossible special piece. A little disappointed to say the least, spoke to the manager and he had no idea about either, showed me the projection sheet for what they were expecting to play (from the chain HQ) and neither were listed so don't know what's going on here!

Avatar is beautiful though, well worth seeing on a big screen.