Trailer #1

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
IMAX Trailer Description:
It opens with Oppenheimer walking through the desert and climbing up a tower of some sort to inspect an object at the top. Matt Damon voiceover talking to Cillian. He calls him a "womaniser" among other things and questions his qualifications. Cillian snaps back by saying "brilliance makes up for a lot" (or something like that) and asks him why he isn't a general yet and Damon responds that they're going to make him one for what they're about to do. Then the trailer jumps through several quick shots and characters. We see Oppenheimer walking and talking with who I assume is Einstein. Oppenheimer asks what happens if "the reaction doesn't stop" or something along those lines. We hear someone talk about how they're building a facility as we get a wide shot of Los Alamos and a shot of Oppenheimer and Kitty driving inside in a jeep. There's several shots of a bomb being assembled as pieces are fit together to form a metal globe. We see Josh Peck with what looks like big welding glasses on. There's a shot of someone wearing a silver looking facemask of some kind. There's also several shots of flames and what can only be described as neutrons spinning around an atom or something moving at a very high speed. The trailer builds as we see shots of timers and countdowns as it's clear it's building to the bomb going off and several voiceovers of people questioning what's going to happen and then a final cut to black as the trailer ends with a final black and white shot of Downey saying "Well, we know what happened don't we?".

Incredible trailer. If the one released online is even half as good then it's easily going to convince people to see the film.

with the poster today, I am guessing tomorrow.

upd: there is now a, ahem…thing on Twitter (last 45 seconds of the regular trailer),lol only Nolan can get a biopic to be sold as a blockbuster (though Chazelle tried!)
no B&W footage though - wonder how different the IMAX cut is (EDIT based on above looks like very different)

Last edited by happyrock1010 on December 14th, 2022, 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

I think it’s safe to assume the explosion shots were not just for the teaser and I’m glad.
Gives me The Tree of Life - waterpainttimelapsething vibes.

Is this the regular trailer or the IMAX one?

My first thought is that it doesn't seem as dry as the first Dunkirk trailer that was with Rogue One even though there's less 'action' going on.

Time wrote:
December 14th, 2022, 11:59 am
Is this the regular trailer or the IMAX one?

My first thought is that it doesn't seem as dry as the first Dunkirk trailer that was with Rogue One even though there's less 'action' going on.
regular.

Uno
I think this is the one we will be getting online. Doesn't look like they're watching it in an IMAX theater

Sweet Jesus

It's just 45 seconds and I don't know what they're saying but very tonally different from the teaser though, no?

If that trailer features the official score, I am stoked! Chills. Looks great.