Trailer #1

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
You’re over thinking it.

The prologue doesn’t need to match the tone of the film. It’s all about getting it to the widest audience possible and Avatar will do that. I do small minority will complain about B&W depending on how much there will be in the prologue/trailer.

The previous prologue were attached to two Star Wars movies - Avatar will be fine.

Tarssauce wrote:
October 4th, 2022, 9:55 am
You’re over thinking it.

The prologue doesn’t need to match the tone of the film. It’s all about getting it to the widest audience possible and Avatar will do that. I do small minority will complain about B&W depending on how much there will be in the prologue/trailer.

The previous prologue were attached to two Star Wars movies - Avatar will be fine.
true, but i remember some backlash over the Tenet prologue being attached to Star Wars, some parents thought the prologue was too intense and scary for their children, backlash dissipated quickly though.
Last edited by Nicolaslabra on November 8th, 2022, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
October 4th, 2022, 11:37 am
true, but i remember some baclkash over the Tenet prologue being attached to Star Wars, some parents thought the prologue was too intense and scary for their children, backlash dissipated quickly though.
Oh yes I remember. Which is funny because Star Wars is full of lightsaber fighting and blasters and guns going off but as long as its fictional it's not problem. But once you bring real guns without any actual gore in the scene it creates a problem.

The original Avatar featured some really intense sequences so it wouldn't be an issue for a movie like Tenet but with Oppenheimer I agree it's slightly different.

Judging by the teaser, the poster and entire countdown marketing scheme, they're going for that intense high octane thriller direction. So again, it's not going to be too different than any other blockbuster trailer shown in December. But yeah we'll get interesting reactions about B&W vs color as Avatar: The Way of Water is gorgeously colorful.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
October 4th, 2022, 11:37 am
Tarssauce wrote:
October 4th, 2022, 9:55 am
You’re over thinking it.

true, but i remember some baclkash over the Tenet prologue being attached to Star Wars, some parents thought the prologue was too intense and scary for their children, backlash dissipated quickly though.
Good point I'd forgotten about that.

Insomniac wrote:
October 4th, 2022, 7:10 am
I can't think of anything more ill-fitting and tonally jarring than a po-faced B&W prologue of this playing before a 3D digital HFR animated family adventure movie.

Send your congratulations to Team Barbie if that happens.

Would love to be wrong though.
Same, it's got almost no chance.

Just a month left now... :gonf:

misho92 wrote:
November 13th, 2022, 7:00 am
Just a month left now... :gonf:
You may have to play a video game to unlock it.

In all seriousness, when do you guys think we might get ANY Oppenheimer information?

El Especial wrote:
November 14th, 2022, 10:06 pm
In all seriousness, when do you guys think we might get ANY Oppenheimer information?
December