Runtime Speculation

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
It is a risk, but surely a worthy one; there are a number of R-rated three hour films that did well and were hailed as masterpieces, and this has a good chance of standing among them. And I really hope this does well too, because frankly I want to see more of these kinds of grandiose three-hour historical epics.

physicshistoryguy wrote:
June 3rd, 2023, 7:18 pm
It is a risk, but surely a worthy one; there are a number of R-rated three hour films that did well and were hailed as masterpieces, and this has a good chance of standing among them. And I really hope this does well too, because frankly I want to see more of these kinds of grandiose three-hour historical epics.
Babylon was also a 3 hour R rated historical epic and was a major flop, if this can do well then it could indeed spark a bit of life in those kinda films in a way that one didn't.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
June 3rd, 2023, 7:43 pm
physicshistoryguy wrote:
June 3rd, 2023, 7:18 pm
Babylon was also a 3 hour R rated historical epic and was a major flop, if this can do well then it could indeed spark a bit of life in those kinda films in a way that one didn't.
That's exactly my hope, yeah; fingers crossed.

Forum Pro
Law
Nolan confirmed that it’s 3hrs and 9 seconds

Surely he could have found nine seconds to trim and make it an even 3 hours, haha.

KEM
Law wrote:
June 3rd, 2023, 8:16 pm
Where? If there’s an article or a video I’d love to see!!

KEM wrote:
June 3rd, 2023, 8:25 pm
Law wrote:

EOLB wrote:
June 3rd, 2023, 8:29 pm
KEM wrote:
June 3rd, 2023, 8:25 pm
Law wrote:
Great catch, man!