Set Photos/Videos (Potential Spoilers)

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

I love it that - based on the official photo and these set videos - they are not going for extensive make-up or anything, I hope it stays that way for the middle-aged Oppenheimer (obviously, the older Oppenheimer is a different story). He is just Cillian as he is, and I think that is an amazing route to take, especially these days.

who's talking to Ken?

Based on Muphy's hair in these pictures/videos, they are absolutely filming scenes from Oppenheimer's early years in college.

Here's a picture of a younger Oppenheimer

I think we can already assume that it'll going to be a decade-spanning portrait of a man more than just a WWII drama.

rajakandabowla wrote:
February 23rd, 2022, 3:42 am
radewart wrote:
February 22nd, 2022, 11:16 pm
I think the rain is because right now the UCLA location is doubling for Cambridge. So, they may be recreating the UK weather in sunny Los Angeles.

Also, judging by the other video, Murphy looks great as a young Oppenheimer! He also is really a lot shorter than he appears in films. :lol:
No way UCLA would ever double as Cambridge. Especially with someone like Nolan, who is very particular about shooting in real places. Oppenheimer visited UCLA in the past and I'm sure he had some connection to it. Might have something to do with that in the movie.
It might be if Nolan or some key cast or crew a tent vaccinated.

rajakandabowla wrote:
February 23rd, 2022, 3:42 am
radewart wrote:
February 22nd, 2022, 11:16 pm
I think the rain is because right now the UCLA location is doubling for Cambridge. So, they may be recreating the UK weather in sunny Los Angeles.

Also, judging by the other video, Murphy looks great as a young Oppenheimer! He also is really a lot shorter than he appears in films. :lol:
No way UCLA would ever double as Cambridge. Especially with someone like Nolan, who is very particular about shooting in real places. Oppenheimer visited UCLA in the past and I'm sure he had some connection to it. Might have something to do with that in the movie.
All the scenes in The Prestige that take place in London were shot in LA...
Also, while it's great that they went all over the world to shoot Tenet, the coast of Vietnam is shot in Italy and it's very obvious.

Yeah it’s not a crazy idea, especially since Estonia doubled for Ukraine and Norway.