Set Photos/Videos (Potential Spoilers)

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
in LA?

Ace

Anybody know who the older guy in blue jeans is in the first picture? I've seen him in several set pics now and wonder what he does...

Ace
That’s Nilo Otero, he’s been Nolan’s assistant director since The Dark Knight.
Nilo Otero is a name that probably doesn’t ring a bell, but he has served as Christopher Nolan’s first assistant director on six movies: “The Dark Knight,” “Inception,” “The Dark Knight Rises,” “Interstellar,” “Dunkirk,”and “TENET.” As Otero explained to Cornell Magazine, “I run the set so the director can concentrate on the creative aspects of production.” His work with Nolan begins months before the start of principal photography where the two create a shooting schedule by breaking down the script on a scene-to-scene basis, “Then I sit with the director and show him my notion of how it should be shot,” Otero said. “I need to understand what’s important and what’s not.”
Last edited by Ace on May 3rd, 2022, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace wrote:
May 3rd, 2022, 8:34 pm
That’s Nilo Otero, he’s been Nolan’s assistant director since The Dark Knight.
Nilo Otero is a name that probably doesn’t ring a bell, but he has served as Christopher Nolan’s first assistant director on five movies: “The Dark Knight,” “Inception,” “The Dark Knight Rises,” “Interstellar,” “Dunkirk,”and “TENET.” As Otero explained to Cornell Magazine, “I run the set so the director can concentrate on the creative aspects of production.” His work with Nolan begins months before the start of principal photography where the two create a shooting schedule by breaking down the script on a scene-to-scene basis, “Then I sit with the director and show him my notion of how it should be shot,” Otero said. “I need to understand what’s important and what’s not.”
Thanks Ace! Great info, like always.

safe to say that Oppenheimer will get the nomination best costume design

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
May 4th, 2022, 3:37 am
safe to say that Oppenheimer will get the nomination best costume design
no doubt!

God I love these tasty set pics. What a time to be a Nolan fan! I love this part; the leaked photos, the casting announcements, not knowing what the hell the film is even going to be :gonf:

radewart wrote:
May 3rd, 2022, 8:29 pm

Anybody know who the older guy in blue jeans is in the first picture? I've seen him in several set pics now and wonder what he does...
I looked him up during one of the Batman movies filming. He's one of the assistant directors.