Set Photos/Videos (Potential Spoilers)

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 12:08 pm
why :thumbdown: though? that means they are wrapping it up pretty soon, which is equally exciting, no?
Not really being serious :D , though I do really enjoy the shooting-phase of Nolan's films, tracking the casting and on location filming, looking at set pics and behind-the-scenes stories about the filming, speculating about the plot and characters, etc.

radewart wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 12:17 pm
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 12:08 pm
why :thumbdown: though? that means they are wrapping it up pretty soon, which is equally exciting, no?
Not really being serious :D , though I do really enjoy the shooting-phase of Nolan's films, tracking the casting and on location filming, looking at set pics and behind-the-scenes stories about the filming, speculating about the plot and characters, etc.
I feel ya!

Does it mean they won't go back to the studio lot to film more indoors scenes, though?

Last week, Olli Haaskivi said he still had to stay in Los Angeles for three more weeks:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdexYWYLQMn/

Maybe? Or maybe Haaskivi has other commitments in California outside of Oppenheimer? One thing about filming that I found odd is we never saw or heard about a filming of the recreation of the testing of the bomb (trinity). I'd though he'd film some kind of explosion and use CGI to enhance it, guess Nolan is going to completely CGI that sequence, though.

radewart wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 3:04 pm
Maybe? Or maybe Haaskivi has other commitments in California outside of Oppenheimer? One thing about filming that I found odd is we never saw or heard about a filming of the recreation of the testing of the bomb (trinity). I'd though he'd film some kind of explosion and use CGI to enhance it, guess Nolan is going to completely CGI that sequence, though.
Ive pondered about this for a while, my best guess is that in reality, no practically achievable explosion would result in anything resembling even a small nuclear detonation, if you look at atomic test footage, you see that those devices are stupidly bright, the fireball lasts for a long while, and the scale of the explosion is such that it seems to move very slowly (wich you could fake with the good old overcranking, but not everything else)
...Also as far as i know film productions dont really meddle with proper explosives, they usually use compressed air and sawdust, among other bigger particles, or the good old gassy "fiery" hollywood explosion, but i would think really powerful explosives, stuff that would be labeled a "destructive device" is completely off limits, so i do think Chris will lean on the folks at double negative, perhaps they will run a proper simulation of an atom bomb, they already simulated a black hole, though it could take months to render, hence the long post production time, i also dont think a nuclear explosion has been properly simulated, its usually pure VFX, but not a computational calculation of an atomic bomb wich would be a cool thing for a film to do

...ooooorrrr maybe Chris will just use archive footage, maybe he got access to some unseen rolls, would not be IMAX but we know Chris is a nut for film preservation, in fact im betting there will be more than 1 instance of archive footage used.

I think Nolan will use miniatures for the bomb sequence. If there is one.

BobCobb wrote:
May 24th, 2022, 2:54 pm
I think Nolan will use miniatures for the bomb sequence. If there is one.
I assume the story will cover the testing of nukes, though I don't know if the bombing of Hiroshima will be incorporated. Actually it will because I think that's what made Oppenheimer realise he made a mistake.