Kenneth Branagh joins the cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
https://deadline.com/2022/02/christophe ... 234958101/
Universal has unveiled a first-look photo from Christopher Nolan’s anticipated thriller Oppenheimer, starring Cillian Murphy, also announcing that Kenneth Branagh has joined the cast, with production now underway.

The Belfast filmmaker joins an ensemble that also includes Emily Blunt, Florence Pugh, Robert Downey Jr., Matt Damon, Rami Malek, Benny Safdie, Josh Hartnett, Dane DeHaan, Jack Quaid, Matthew Modine, Dylan Arnold, David Krumholtz, Alden Ehrenreich and Michael Angarano, as previously announced.

I feel like Kenneth is starting to replace Michael Caine, very happy to see him back for the third time in a row with Nolan.

Nolan62 wrote:
February 22nd, 2022, 2:53 pm
I feel like Kenneth is starting to replace Michael Caine, very happy to see him back for the third time in a row with Nolan.
Yup... also, I'm just reeeeally curious who Branagh is playing.

EDIT: Maybe Isidor Rabi, who had a number of important personal encounters with Oppenheimer? Although he is of Polish-Jewish descent, so good old Kenneth might not be the Nolan's first choice... but who knows!

KEM
YESSSSS

Ace
The lead from Eurotrip(!) got some set pictures.

Chairs on set confirmed!

Nolan sitting=fake news

I don't know if this has been brought up elsewhere about "Oppenheimer", but now I think that Branagh might be playing Richard Feynman:

looks just like him

The only thing is that Feynman was very young when meeting Oppenheimer - he was in his 20s.

Some people think it's Jack Quaid who's playing him.