Jack Quaid joins the Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
KEM
Interesting, he was good in the new Scream but that’s all I’ve seen him in

Ace
Quaid can next be seen in a small mystery role in Christopher Nolan’s latest film, “Oppenheimer,” which is the story of American scientist J. Robert Oppenheimer (Cillian Murphy) and his role in developing the atomic bomb. Quaid couldn’t share who he plays just yet, but he was still in awe of his set experience.

“Shooting that was such an incredible experience. Like, I’m like a blip in that movie, but it was just so incredible to sit there and watch true masters do what they do.” Quaid said of the upcoming film. “Like, to watch Chris [Nolan] work, watch the cast work, like, it’s such a murderer’s row of incredible actors that I just got to see do their thing, and feel so lucky that I got to just take that in and hopefully learn from it. I don’t know. I still don’t believe that I’m in that movie, either.”

KEM
Ace wrote:
June 3rd, 2022, 11:22 am
Quaid can next be seen in a small mystery role in Christopher Nolan’s latest film, “Oppenheimer,” which is the story of American scientist J. Robert Oppenheimer (Cillian Murphy) and his role in developing the atomic bomb. Quaid couldn’t share who he plays just yet, but he was still in awe of his set experience.

“Shooting that was such an incredible experience. Like, I’m like a blip in that movie, but it was just so incredible to sit there and watch true masters do what they do.” Quaid said of the upcoming film. “Like, to watch Chris [Nolan] work, watch the cast work, like, it’s such a murderer’s row of incredible actors that I just got to see do their thing, and feel so lucky that I got to just take that in and hopefully learn from it. I don’t know. I still don’t believe that I’m in that movie, either.”
Crazy how Nolan was able to get all these big actors in tiny roles, it’s pretty much a flex at this point

who do we think he is playing? wonder why he is a mystery?

Also for posterity (ha!), I'm gonna just throw out a vision, Timothey Chalomet (not gonna look up how his name is spelled) is gonna play Oppenheimer's son in the later half of the movie...was ripping some cotton, just came to me.

I'm really curious to see who's playing the various versions of Peter and Toni too.

Likely playing Richard Feynman (mentioned in Tenet!). Oppenheimer was something of a mentor and advocated for him to be on the Manhattan Project. A smaller but essential figure.

Ace
Quaid can’t tell us the specifics of his most recent immersive prep experience, because it was for Nolan’s Oppenheimer, and all info about the character he plays is currently under lock and key (the film is a biopic of J Robert Oppenheimer, the man credited with inventing the atomic bomb, and thus features numerous real-life historical figures). “I play a guy who really existed and he had certain hobbies that I tried to take up myself,” says Quaid. He shot his scenes in March and April this year, as the threat of real-life nuclear war increased dramatically following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. “The week I started shooting was the week that Putin was threatening to… you know… it was a surreal, surreal experience.”

Life on Nolan’s set was a real mindblower. “The way that he chooses to shoot scenes, he's so absolutely confident in the way that he works. He doesn't need to over cover everything,” says Quaid. “He just knows that, okay, this scene is going to be two shots when I edit it together, I'm just going to film two setups. I was so blown away by that confidence.”

It took everything in his power not to go full fanboy when Nolan was directing him on set. “Just to be able to see Christopher Nolan doing what he does right in front of my eyes…” adds Quaid. “I got kind of starstruck, especially when he would do the ‘director's point’, that framing thing [director’s do] with their hands. I was pinching myself every single day.”

Last edited by Ace on June 29th, 2022, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack seems like a good kid :lol:

Oku
Yeah I'm almost prepping myself to be disappointed when he's in like one scene and then never shows up again lol