Box Office

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Found this in another forum, it looks like Oppenheimer won't be released in Japan:

It's official. Oppenheimer won't be screened in Japan.

Reason -
1. IMAX Japan says that they aren't confident enough to ensure the safety and security of audiences.
2. During #Barbenheimer Constroversy, Universal-Warner Bros opened a back channel door. I haven't received the full talk but WB said that releasing Oppenheimer is "fatal"
3. Confirming pt. 1, IMAX Schedule are fully booked for the year. (Until March 2024)
4. With IMAX Japan pulling back, Universal no more wanted with continue talks regarding the possible theatrical window.
5. There are currently spectations and rumours about possibly switching into BD/DVD release (which can be confirmed only after American Release)
https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topi ... nt-4594669

Innovator wrote:
October 1st, 2023, 11:54 am
Found this in another forum, it looks like Oppenheimer won't be released in Japan:

It's official. Oppenheimer won't be screened in Japan.

Reason -
1. IMAX Japan says that they aren't confident enough to ensure the safety and security of audiences.
2. During #Barbenheimer Constroversy, Universal-Warner Bros opened a back channel door. I haven't received the full talk but WB said that releasing Oppenheimer is "fatal"
3. Confirming pt. 1, IMAX Schedule are fully booked for the year. (Until March 2024)
4. With IMAX Japan pulling back, Universal no more wanted with continue talks regarding the possible theatrical window.
5. There are currently spectations and rumours about possibly switching into BD/DVD release (which can be confirmed only after American Release)
https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topi ... nt-4594669
i think we all need a proper explanation about points 1 and 2, why ? how ? what the frick ??

All about that re release run in time for the Oscars

I wonder if Japan could have pushed it pass $1b. I guess a Russia release could have helped as well.

brickarts295 wrote:
October 24th, 2023, 11:18 pm
I wonder if Japan could have pushed it pass $1b. I guess a Russia release could have helped as well.
yeah… i firmly believe $1B would have been possible with these two’s help