Box Office

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Im seeing Barbie first because Oppenheimer is an important movie and like any Nolan film. I like to think about it all weekend.

Seeing Barbie after feels wrong. I consider it the appetizer to Oppie’s main course.

BobCobb wrote:
July 19th, 2023, 7:26 pm
Im seeing Barbie first because Oppenheimer is an important movie and like any Nolan film. I like to think about it all weekend.

Seeing Barbie after feels wrong. I consider it the appetizer to Oppie’s main course.
Yeah, viewing it as the appetizer rather than the dessert is exactly how I thought of it.

Over 200,000 Moviegoers Set to Attend Same-Day Viewings of ‘Barbie’ and ‘Oppenheimer’
Cinema really needed the viral phenomenon known as “Barbenheimer.”

Movie theaters are going to be absolutely packed this coming weekend and that’s a wonderful thing to behold, especially given that the current summer movie season has been an epidemic of “flopbusters.”
https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/7 ... ik3ssqdhnh

My prediction:
$65m opening weekend (domestic)
$200m domestic total
$400m worldwide total

This is huge for a movie like this

My prediction:
$70 million domestic OW
$230 million domestic total
$300 million overseas total
$530 million WW total

Oku
I would like to see:

$50 million domestic opening weekend
$150 million domestic total
$250 million worldwide

My updated prediction:

Oppenheimer will become Nolan's biggest non-Batman opening weekend.

Inception currently holds this position with $62 million not adjusted for inflation.

MyCocaine wrote:
July 20th, 2023, 1:22 pm
My updated prediction:

Oppenheimer will become Nolan's biggest non-Batman opening weekend.

Inception currently holds this position with $62 million not adjusted for inflation.
If it seriously does $65 million, that would be crazy. I’m skeptical about Barbie hitting $200m worldwide but it seems that Nolan is already off to a strong start overseas, so it really might do it