Box Office

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
El Especial wrote:
May 27th, 2023, 6:44 pm
Where is this information from?

If it's true, I wonder if they release something new on that day too... Maybe a behind the scenes featurette or character posters?

Oh, it was right under that tweet.

Possibly. Or a nice TV spot. Maybe we'll get the IMAX poster.

KEM
Don’t we usually get a concrete, official announcement for when tickets will go on sale? I remember with TENET there were tons of articles confirming the date and time tickets would be available so I was able to get the best seats for my IMAX, a random tweet from a Chris Nolan fanpage doesn’t quite convince me

I don’t think the R rating will impact that much. This was only going to appeal to adults.

Is Cruise mad because of Imax or Xenu though ?
Imax decision was obvious from the beginning. Their relationship with Nolan is their greatest strength as a brand. It's more valuable to them than whatever money they can make in July.
MI7 will obviously end up being the movie with the biggest box office of the "July box office war" though.

I don't really trust that article.

I'm sure Cruise was aware of the situation way ahead. It wasn't a wise decision for him and Paramount to set the date one week before Oppenheimer. Oppenheimer picked the date as early as October 2021.

I hope it does well cause it's one of my most anticipated movies this year.