Dane DeHaan joins the cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
KEM
Green Goblin’s in Oppenheimer? Didn’t expect this one but I’m in!!

KEM wrote:
February 7th, 2022, 8:26 pm
Green Goblin’s in Oppenheimer? Didn’t expect this one but I’m in!!
Well, he was more likely than James Franco though. But Willem Dafoe working with Nolan would be great.

blackColumn wrote:
February 7th, 2022, 6:56 pm
Who here thinks a few more casting names are yet to drop?
I assume soon as filming is about to start.

Haven't really liked him in anything. We'll see though.

woke up to another surprising casting

I liked him a good bit in what I've seen him in. Seems to have some trouble choosing good projects though, so kind of cool to see him here.

Bacon wrote:
February 9th, 2022, 1:41 am
I liked him a good bit in what I've seen him in. Seems to have some trouble choosing good projects though, so kind of cool to see him here.
For sure. He is good in Chronicle, Place beyond the pines, and a Cure for wellness. When given good material, or interesting direction he does really well (like, you know most actors). I think it is an interesting choice, and will probably help him rebalance his career. If he is taking the role that everyone thought Holland was in talks for, then that is great. DeHaan strikes me as a Nolany type of actor, as in can be chilly and internal, something I think Holland lacks completely. I can definitely see him as Oppie's brother.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
February 7th, 2022, 6:11 pm
Fuckin sweet. He is so great in Place Beyond the Pines. And yeah. There’s no way he’s NOT playing young Oppenheimer.
Yep, that's what I knew him from and have wanted to see him in more ever since. I also just recently watched ZeroZeroZero and thought he was good in that. He's kind of one of those actors whose face alone just carries a dark presence, sort of like a Paul Dano type if that makes sense. For those unfamiliar with ZeroZeroZero, it's a series about the drug trade from Stefano Sollima (who directed Sicario: Day of the Soldado), adapted from a book by Roberto Saviano, who together also created the series Gomorrah. And if you're unfamiliar with THAT one, stop what you're doing right now...

Anyway, DeHaan is another good casting in my book.