Benny Safdie as Edward Teller

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
I just know Nolan is a GOOD TIME guy

KEM
Good Time is an incredible movie and in my opinion FAR better than Uncut Gems

KEM wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 12:59 am
I like both a lot; Uncut is my preference but that is like choosing between Great or Amazing. Safdies are incredible.

KEM
A Borges man wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 1:12 am
KEM wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 12:59 am
I like both a lot; Uncut is my preference but that is like choosing between Great or Amazing. Safdies are incredible.
They absolutely are, Benny was an absolute highlight in Good Time, the very first scene at the therapist was absolutely hilarious and some of the best acting I’ve scene

As a Hungarian myself, it's actually very exciting for me to see Teller in this film. Although I don't know much about the man, but according to online sources and the book itself, he was... well, how to put it. Not the most beloved scientist of his generation. His aggressive push for the development of the H-bomb alienated everyone from him, and he was also described by the book as a very difficult and annoying person in a professional environment. So we can expect him to be portrayed as some sort of "antagonistic" character that, I think.

DHOPW42 wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 7:08 am
As a Hungarian myself, it's actually very exciting for me to see Teller in this film. Although I don't know much about the man, but according to online sources and the book itself, he was... well, how to put it. Not the most beloved scientist of his generation. His aggressive push for the development of the H-bomb alienated everyone from him, and he was also described by the book as a very difficult and annoying person in a professional environment. So we can expect him to be portrayed as some sort of "antagonistic" character that, I think.
As a Hungarian myself, I'm also very excited for this news.

Talented guy. I thought he gave a very nice performance in P.T. Anderson's overrated Licorice Pizza

The more I think about this, the more I realise that this is the most exciting casting decision so far.

LuciusNightmare wrote:
December 13th, 2021, 2:24 pm
The more I think about this, the more I realise that this is the most exciting casting decision so far.
I'm digging Nolan's decision to hire actor/directors in his movies (Branagh) and now Safdie.

Here's hope that Benny will give Chris some precious advices about how to work with characters properly, considering he (and his brother) has made some of the best art-house character-oriented flicks out there