Rami Malek joins the cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Christopher Nolan’s biopic about the father of the A-bomb continues to attract Hollywood’s A-list.

Florence Pugh, Rami Malek and Benny Safdie are the latest actors to bring their nuclear star power to Oppenheimer, Nolan’s biopic of J. Robert Oppenheimer, which is set up at Universal Pictures.

The trio joins Robert Downey Jr., Matt Damon, Emily Blunt and Cillian Murphy on the call sheet in what has become one of the most stacked feature projects in recent memory.

Universal has called the movie an “epic thriller that thrusts audiences into the pulse-pounding paradox of the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.”

Murphy is leading the cast, portraying the theoretical physicist who helped develop the atomic bomb during World War II.

Pugh will play Jean Tatlock, a member of the Communist Party of the United States who has an off-and-on affair with Oppenheimer and was the cause of major security concerns for government officials.

Safdie will play Edward Teller, the Hungarian physicist who is known as the father of the hydrogen bomb and a member of the Manhattan Project, the U.S. research initiative that developed the first atomic bomb.

Malek is playing a scientist.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235060259/

KEM
IN

Kinda still have some resentment for him after the whole Bohemian Rhapsody stuff, but he's a good actor

I called this. Always though he had a creepy scientist vibe to him. He was particularly creepy and unsettling as the Bond villain.

LuciusNightmare wrote:
December 9th, 2021, 6:41 pm
I called this. Always though he had a creepy scientist vibe to him. He was particularly creepy and unsettling as the Bond villain.

Yeah, that was I thought too after seeing him, he was pretty convincing, it kind of suprised me.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
My theory is that Malek is playing a composite character of several scientists involved with the Manhattan project, in order to simplify the narrative.

The only meh addition to the cast.

Allstar wrote:
December 9th, 2021, 11:16 pm
The only meh addition to the cast.
kinda, but I don't hate him

KEM
Rami Malek is one of those actors that I can’t decide if I really like him a lot or I really don’t like him at all, granted I never saw Bohemian Rhapsody, but I did see No Time to Die twice and I found his performance various curious, it wasn’t bad but it felt extremely over the top, which I guess expected of Bond villains, but I just can’t decide how I feel about it yet.

That being said I always trust Nolan and I’m sure he’ll be great in this

Well, he was outstanding in Mr. Robot, guys.