Rami Malek joins the cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
hopefully he isn't annoying like in literally everything he's ever been in

This reminds me that I still need to watch S4 of Mr. Robot. It used to be one of my favorite shows back then, and Malek was great in it.

He was pretty great in The Pacific.

Looking forward to seeing Malek. Not sure why others feel otherwise about him but each to their own.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 7:02 pm
Looking forward to seeing Malek. Not sure why others feel otherwise about him but each to their own.
Something about him coasting off Bohemian Rhapsody's success and getting the Oscar without speaking on the film director's pedophilic allegations.

Maybe I'm biased because I was someone who was very attached to Singer's X-Men films and regrettably didn't take the 2014 allegations into much consideration considering the timing/lack of evidence when those happened. I don't like seeing someone not use their platform to speak out about those kinds of things because that's exactly the kind of thing that makes people (like me a few years ago) overlook or miss stuff.

Bacon wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 7:17 pm
Something about him coasting off Bohemian Rhapsody's success and getting the Oscar without speaking on the film director's pedophilic allegations.

Maybe I'm biased because I was someone who was very attached to Singer's X-Men films and regrettably didn't take the 2014 allegations into much consideration considering the timing/lack of evidence when those happened. I don't like seeing someone not use their platform to speak out about those kinds of things because that's exactly the kind of thing that makes people (like me a few years ago) overlook or miss stuff.
Mmmm I see your point. Understandable. I keep forgetting Singer was behind Bohemian Rhapsody. I can agree on that regard.

Bacon wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 7:17 pm
Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 7:02 pm

In somewhat fairness to Malek… Singer was literally fired off the movie and Dexter Fletcher finished the movie.

Have a feeling Rami will be playing Einstein :think:

always_smiling wrote:
December 11th, 2021, 5:20 am
Have a feeling Rami will be playing Einstein :think:
Hardly, as he was 60+ when Oppenheimer started working at Princeton, and there's not much happening with Einstein before that (I mean, within the context of Oppenheimer's life).

Innovator wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 2:51 pm
This reminds me that I still need to watch S4 of Mr. Robot. It used to be one of my favorite shows back then, and Malek was great in it.
S04 is one of the finest series finale seasons I have ever watched. It was magnificent.