Rami Malek joins the cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
poplar wrote:
December 11th, 2021, 10:29 am
Innovator wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 2:51 pm
This reminds me that I still need to watch S4 of Mr. Robot. It used to be one of my favorite shows back then, and Malek was great in it.
S04 is one of the finest series finale seasons I have ever watched. It was magnificent.
Don't doubt it, it was always a stellar show. Gotta find the time to watch it soon.

Not sure about this casting. Maybe if he doesn't play a caricature this time?

always_smiling wrote:
December 11th, 2021, 5:20 am
Have a feeling Rami will be playing Einstein :think:
The fact that the casting announcement revealed the characters for everyone except Malek makes me think that either he has a minor role or he is a composite character. If it is the latter, it may mean he has substantial screentime as he will likely be there to serve the Oppenheimer character throughout the film.

always_smiling wrote:
My god, that would be my worst nightmare. :facepalm:

Innovator wrote:
December 11th, 2021, 1:39 pm
poplar wrote:
December 11th, 2021, 10:29 am
Innovator wrote:
December 10th, 2021, 2:51 pm
This reminds me that I still need to watch S4 of Mr. Robot. It used to be one of my favorite shows back then, and Malek was great in it.
S04 is one of the finest series finale seasons I have ever watched. It was magnificent.
Don't doubt it, it was always a stellar show. Gotta find the time to watch it soon.
I have to watch it too, but I was pretty surprised by Malek's portrayal of the Bond villain in No Time to Die; he had that aura of great villains with that quiet side but even more unhealthy and scary side, so I'm going to give that actor a chance, and he's apparently amazing in Mr.Robot.

I wasn't a big fan of him in No Time To Die (enjoyed the film though), but I think my issues were more about how the character was written and some of his lines than the performance itself.

LuciusNightmare wrote:
December 13th, 2021, 2:28 pm
always_smiling wrote:
The fact that the casting announcement revealed the characters for everyone except Malek makes me think that either he has a minor role or he is a composite character. If it is the latter, it may mean he has substantial screentime as he will likely be there to serve the Oppenheimer character throughout the film.
Malek as comrade khomyuk

Was Malek good in NTTD? The jury was a bit out for me.....

LuciusNightmare wrote:
December 28th, 2021, 6:04 pm
Was Malek good in NTTD? The jury was a bit out for me.....

Not really? Although, the character was a nothing part. Same with Waltz in Spectre.

Ace
Rami talks a little here about enjoying working with Nolan.
Around @5:40