Robert Downey Jr. will play Lewis Strauss

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Ace

The ensemble for Christopher Nolan’s next film Oppenheimer keeps growing in star power as sources tell Deadline Matt Damon and Robert Downey Jr. are in talks to join Cillian Murphy in the Universal Pictures tentpole.

Downey will play Lewis Strauss, the infamous Atomic Energy Commissioner who initiated hearings that questioned Oppenheimer’s loyalty to the United States and infamously had the scientist’s security revoked.
Last edited by Ace on November 2nd, 2021, 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

This is so awesome and unexpected

Yep. Take all my money right now.

Wait didn't he talk trash about The Dark Knight back in the day? :lol:

Damn, I don't think anyone predicted this. Love it though!

Holy smokes! That's so unexpected!

Mulholland-Jr wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 11:41 am

I remember this too lol

Mulholland-Jr wrote:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/robert-d ... d_n_119414
"My whole thing is that that I saw 'The Dark Knight'. I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."
This quote?

Sanchez wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 12:00 pm
Mulholland-Jr wrote:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/robert-d ... d_n_119414
"My whole thing is that that I saw 'The Dark Knight'. I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."
This quote?
Gotta give Downey credit, funny stuff.

Been such a long time since we've seen Downey play anything but a glib, sardonic character and whatever Doctor Dolittle was, will be interesting to see...

this shit ognna be better than tdkr