Robert Downey Jr. will play Lewis Strauss

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
I just wanted to share my thoughts about RDJ and in this moment you just mentioned THE smirk in the post above. :D

Although I am not 100% sure which one.
There is this incredibly forced smile almost at the very end when Strauss himself is about to face the press when he is passing through the door. You can see the smile bareley from the side as he is about to turn away from the camera. Beautiful, awesome shot. Camera wise and acting wise. Love the acted fakeness.

RDJ was superb. He surprised me the most. The other actors, like Cillian, I just took it for granted that they perform. I did not expect this from RDJ. To give you context: I know that RDJ has a huge fanbase, especially as Iron Man. Have only seen a handful of Marvel films myself. I only know him in his role as Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes. And didn't know what he has to offer until now!

It's that one and it's so menacing.

Oku
Nah, that's not the one; look at the screenshot in the tweet. That person is talking about the little side-smirk/air-blowing thing he does when he says "the President needs to know about it".

Oku wrote:
September 4th, 2023, 10:39 pm
Nah, that's not the one; look at the screenshot in the tweet. That person is talking about the little side-smirk/air-blowing thing he does when he says "the President needs to know about it".
Of course.
It's so fucking good indeed.
Same thoughts when I saw this in a cinema.

Oku
The script: "This has become a trial about a trial!"

The film: "Interestingly enough, this is no longer a confirmation hearing. It's now a trial! *pushes coat rack at Counsel in childish tantrum* About a trial!"

+ the rubbing of the coffee cup on his lips when he's on the sofa

He brought sooo much charisma to the role that wasn't on the page, it's insane

like how strauss runs down the stairs of the porch to get Oppenheimer who just got off from the taxi.. while adjusting his coat (at the institute)

and also how both Oppenheimer and Strauss walks to their office ..'hands behind'..
this part :
i am a self made man
oh i can relate to that
really?
yes my father was one

and also HOW he asks for the TIME magazine from the senate aide... when he says "Henry Luce is a friend"

666kalpa wrote:
November 23rd, 2023, 12:55 am
like how strauss runs down the stairs of the porch to get Oppenheimer who just got off from the taxi.. while adjusting his coat (at the institute)

and also how both Oppenheimer and Strauss walks to their office ..'hands behind'..
this part :
i am a self made man
oh i can relate to that
really?
yes my father was one

and also HOW he asks for the TIME magazine from the senate aide... when he says "Henry Luce is a friend"
Just rewatched a clip of their first meeting, subtle but really sells his initial character.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 10th, 2023, 6:26 pm
666kalpa wrote:

this part :
i am a self made man
oh i can relate to that
really?
yes my father was one

also when he corrects the senate aide calling him mr Strauss with "Admiral", first red flag for a fragile ego that goes over some peoples heads at first.
Just rewatched a clip of their first meeting, subtle but really sells his initial character.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 11th, 2023, 5:58 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:
December 10th, 2023, 6:26 pm
666kalpa wrote:

this part :
i am a self made man
oh i can relate to that
really?
yes my father was one

also when he corrects the senate aide calling him mr Strauss with "Admiral", first red flag for a fragile ego that goes over some peoples heads at first.
Honestly, yeah that first scene on second viewing is full of those things. He seems way more innocent but also subtly put off by what is being said to him.