Filming Locations

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
IMDBPro says that one of the production companies is Atlas Entertainment (France). Does this mean that there is a possibility of shooting in France?

KEM
I wouldn’t say so, Atlas is Charles Roven’s company, he helped produce the entire TDK trilogy but they didn’t shoot anything in France for those films

Yeah I think Atlas is just a part of the film due to Roven's involvement.

Oku
I do wonder why Mr. Roven / Atlas was brought on.

Mr. Nolan supposedly has total creative control, and TENET (a 200 million dollar movie, double the budget of this film) only had the distributing studio (WB) and Syncopy as production companies.

Was it a request on the part of Universal to mitigate the financial cost/risks somewhat in exchange for agreeing to all of Mr. Nolan's demands?

KEM
Could be, but Nolan and Roven have worked very well together in the past so I don’t think there’s really much to be concerned about

Oku wrote:
October 20th, 2021, 9:10 pm
I do wonder why Mr. Roven / Atlas was brought on.

Mr. Nolan supposedly has total creative control, and TENET (a 200 million dollar movie, double the budget of this film) only had the distributing studio (WB) and Syncopy as production companies.

Was it a request on the part of Universal to mitigate the financial cost/risks somewhat in exchange for agreeing to all of Mr. Nolan's demands?
I think it's because Nolan and Thomas found production very demanding on Tenet (seven countries!, the negociation for the highway in Tallinn, then all the discussions about the release...), and they wanted to focus more of their time on the film. They probably just feel they didn't have time for their family life during Tenet.

Oku
Wow, that all makes sense then, thanks.

UC Berkeley confirmed?

Makes sense...Oppenheimer taught there for over a decade.

That's what I was thinking too, seeing this picture with a fan, and now this, plus the beard.