Filming Locations

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Nicolaslabra wrote:
November 22nd, 2021, 7:52 pm
id also say it seems to be more of a period piece, ww2 is happening in the background but it certainly not going to be THE setting.
Yeah, it'll be very much focused on THE man who create the atomic bomb, and Nolan is going to have both an original and intimate approach to the subject, the second war is a rich period of time with a lot of stories, questioning etc... So yes, it's not really a movie about the second world war, in a way.

I don't know. Hard to say with Nolan. What I know is that he will try to do something different and new for this. The location could mean many things.

Allstar wrote:
November 20th, 2021, 3:23 am
Dodd wrote:
November 19th, 2021, 3:07 am
Why is he going back to WWII subject matter?
This is more about an individual character and nuclear weapons than it is about WWII.
I'm suddenly thinking about it, but in a very different way and to a very different extent, Nolan kind of joins Steven Spielberg and Terrence Malick in his filmography, in the sense that they both have two films about World War II, but where one focuses on a larger scale, or let's say a larger scope, on a battle during the time period, the other project focuses much more intimately on a person, a particular individuality and what he embodied/represented, the role that he played during that time period.

Steven Spielberg: Saving Private Ryan (film focusing more on the D-Day invasion)
Schindler's List (film focusing on a personality during the conflict)

Terrence Malick: The Thin Red Line (film about the battle of Guadalcanal)
A Hidden Life (film about a personality during the conflict)

Nolan does a bit of the same thing with: Dunkirk(movie about a military operation)
Oppenheimer (film about a personality during the conflict)

Nolan62 wrote:
November 27th, 2021, 2:10 pm
Allstar wrote:
November 20th, 2021, 3:23 am
Dodd wrote:
November 19th, 2021, 3:07 am
Why is he going back to WWII subject matter?
This is more about an individual character and nuclear weapons than it is about WWII.
I'm suddenly thinking about it, but in a very different way and to a very different extent, Nolan kind of joins Steven Spielberg and Terrence Malick in his filmography, in the sense that they both have two films about World War II, but where one focuses on a larger scale, or let's say a larger scope, on a battle during the time period, the other project focuses much more intimately on a person, a particular individuality and what he embodied/represented, the role that he played during that time period.

Steven Spielberg: Saving Private Ryan (film focusing more on the D-Day invasion)
Schindler's List (film focusing on a personality during the conflict)

Terrence Malick: The Thin Red Line (film about the battle of Guadalcanal)
A Hidden Life (film about a personality during the conflict)

Nolan does a bit of the same thing with: Dunkirk(movie about a military operation)
Oppenheimer (film about a personality during the conflict)
This is actually interesting!

Ace

Ace wrote:
December 1st, 2021, 4:57 pm
If reliable, seems some set building is happening somewhere in New Mexico.
First day working #oppenheimer as a #propmaker . This is my office! Great day and great guys to work with. #NMFilm #crew
https://www.instagram.com/p/CW4eT1_ooc ... =copy_link
It is surely legit!

It begins!! Slowly but surely! At least a little bit of information, before a new big announcement which I really hope will arrive this month. :gonf: :gonf:

Ace wrote:
December 1st, 2021, 4:57 pm
If reliable, seems some set building is happening somewhere in New Mexico.
First day working #oppenheimer as a #propmaker . This is my office! Great day and great guys to work with. #NMFilm #crew
https://www.instagram.com/p/CW4eT1_ooc ... =copy_link
Oh my how exciting