Emily Blunt cast as Katherine Oppenheimer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Ace
Sources tell Deadline, Emily Blunt is in talks to join Murphy in the Universal tentpole that Nolan will direct. Sources say she will play the wife of J. Robert Oppenheimer (Murphy), the scientist who ran the Manhattan Project that led to the invention of the atomic bomb.
Last edited by Ace on November 2nd, 2021, 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

I’m cooming

Oku
PLEEEASE LET THIS HAPPEN

How much of a sure thing is "in talks to"? If talks get jeopardized as a result of this news leak, I will be DEVASTATED

And take a bow, everyone who called this! From a forum search, it appears to be Allstar?:
Allstar wrote:
October 11th, 2021, 4:20 am
Mulligan might be my dream choice for the wife role. A re-team with Cillian/Blunt would be cool too. Before complaining they’re British they’ve both done American accents flawlessly numerous times.

However, after reading up on the character… I actually think the BEST fit is Diane Kruger. Not as trendy as some other picks but I THINK she really fits the role to a T.

Edit:

THR says it's "confirmed"!: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235034103/

You can always count on Justin Kroll so when he said *in talks* i just assumed it's a done deal.

AND WHAT A FANTASY CASTING! Emily Blunt, one of the greats, but always seems to be overlooked and certainly underrated. I hope Nolan can dig deeper for her role, not making her another flat plot device.

im shaking RN, please let this materialize into reality, our reality

I guess a real chemistry and complicity was established between the two after the shooting of A Quiet Place II. So happy that she is confirmed, once again, one of the most talented actresses of the moment, she always manages to immerse herself in her characters with such strength.(at least, for what I could see of her roles).

Well, now let's see what role she would be considered for, my guess is that it'll probably be Katherine Oppenheimer!

P.S : Well, it's confirmed in fact :lol:

I love it!!!

I think we can really expect a great performance from her, again, we don't know what Nolan's angle on the project will be, but I think he will still put a lot of emphasis on the relationship between Oppenheimer and his wife and what a role she played for him during this crucial and complex period in his life.

Especially if the script is based on the book American Prometheus.

We can really expect a real emotional core around that, considering the original and unconventional approach that he'll have.

Maybe she will be used primarily to serve the concept that Nolan will put forward, so Nolan will continue to deepen his conceptual approaches or maybe he will try to mix other things with it. Interesting to know how Nolan will approach all this, what will reveal a new approach compared to his other films?!

I can't wait to hear the rest of the casting!! It can fall any day now, little by little.

I bet Cillian def endorsed this casting. He seemed to love working with Blunt and loved her and John as people. Awesome news.

Great casting... I love her. One of my favorites. :twothumbsup: