Prologue?

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Well?? I bet it has crossed your mind.

Tenet had it, Dunkirk had it, TDKR/TDK had it too. I dont remember if he ever showed Interstellars prologue in advance? I don't think he did. Then again, I didn't want to see any promotional material of Interstellar before I saw the film in theater so there's that.

I haven't read the book he's based the script on so idk if the book opens with something that would lend itself to one hell of an opening to the film. But still, I figure Nolan starts the movie in a big way. It's going to be a July 2023, 65mm and IMAX shot film after all.

I fully expect Nolan to tap into the battle in the Pacific.

Interstellar had an IMAX featurette, though, with footage from documentaries and a few lines from scientists (such as Stephen Hawking, if I remember correctly). I guess Nolan prologue's are a tradition now, so I fully expect to see one.

Yes, I very strongly expect there to be a prologue as well, probably in the wake of the teaser!

I don't know what will be represented in it but I expect something both impactful and innovative, considering the subject matter. Surely a new kind of prologue that Nolan did not accustom us to see. We have absolutely no idea of what could be shown but this is going to be something, I can tell you that!!

I can't wait!

Hope not.

DHOPW42 wrote:
October 9th, 2021, 7:38 am
Interstellar had an IMAX featurette, though, with footage from documentaries and a few lines from scientists (such as Stephen Hawking, if I remember correctly). I guess Nolan prologue's are a tradition now, so I fully expect to see one.
You mean this one?

I don't know how... I'm still intrigued that it's a "summer" biopic "blockbuster"(?)

LeoCobb wrote:
October 9th, 2021, 12:11 pm
I don't know how... I'm still intrigued that it's a "summer" biopic "blockbuster"(?)
Yeah, that's what excites and intrigues me the most about the project, considering it's a project that'll mainly foccuse on a character, and all his morality, psychology, but I think that it'll involve more than that.

But I feel like he found a way to treat this (seemingly) biopic, into a real movie experience, and I can't wait to see how he did it.
There are no magic recipes, it depends on the subject and the person (and his story) and how you treat it, but if it's adapted from a book, I have the impression that he has found a lot of material to make a great visceral cinematic experience.

KEM
TENET had the greatest prologue of all time so I don’t think he’ll top that but I hope we get one!!

KEM wrote:
October 9th, 2021, 1:26 pm
TENET had the greatest prologue of all time so I don’t think he’ll top that but I hope we get one!!
The Dark Knight wants to have a word with you...