Prologue?

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Oku
Nomis wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 9:39 am
predicting: atomic bomb testing sequence as prologue

sizzle reel including pacific battle

I can already feel the excitement of Nolan/Hoytema tapping back into WWII period. Hoyte has got to go for a different look than Dunkirk but I'm sure the vastly different locations will help finding the right look for the film.
I honestly can't see this including the Pacific battles. The title tells us that the scope of the film will be narrow and laser-focused on the man himself, and very little else.

Cutting to a random battle wherein the man himself wasn't even physically present would be Oscar bait cliche straight out of Darkest Hour (2017), something that I hope he's not doing.

But then again, he did cast Mr. Branagh to play a straight-up Russian villain caricature in TENET, which worried me the first time I laid eyes on him in that trailer, and the final film did absolutely nothing to alleviate or subvert that cliche, so... :lol:

Oku wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 8:03 pm
Nomis wrote:

I can already feel the excitement of Nolan/Hoytema tapping back into WWII period. Hoyte has got to go for a different look than Dunkirk but I'm sure the vastly different locations will help finding the right look for the film.
I honestly can't see this including the Pacific battles. The title tells us that the scope of the film will be narrow and laser-focused on the man himself, and very little else.

Cutting to a random battle wherein the man himself wasn't even physically present would be Oscar bait cliche straight out of Darkest Hour (2017), something that I hope he's not doing.

But then again, he did cast Mr. Branagh to play a straight-up Russian villain caricature in TENET, which worried me the first time I laid eyes on him in that trailer, and the final film did absolutely nothing to alleviate or subvert that cliche, so... :lol:
Why do you refer to everyone as “Mr.” and “Ms.” etc. ?

I think Bridge of Spies did it better. Showing the storyline of the pilot long before it intersects with the main plot. I think Nolan might want to show different POVs too. But who knows really.

Nomis wrote:
October 13th, 2021, 8:15 am
I think Bridge of Spies did it better. Showing the storyline of the pilot long before it intersects with the main plot. I think Nolan might want to show different POVs too. But who knows really.
God! Bridge of Spies fucks so hard. Fav late Spielberg, so good...gonna watch it tonight.

Oku wrote:
Caricature? The hell do some people take these days to mess with their heads because it's pretty strong.

Oku
Allstar wrote:
October 12th, 2021, 1:21 am
Oku wrote:
Nomis wrote:

Why do you refer to everyone as “Mr.” and “Ms.” etc. ?
If I don't show them respect by calling them Mr. and Ms., then they will inevitably find out, hunt me down, and ruin my life.

A Borges man wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 6:42 pm
Nomis wrote:
October 13th, 2021, 8:15 am
God! Bridge of Spies fucks so hard. Fav late Spielberg, so good...gonna watch it tonight.
That movie is too dry, too much of a Wikipedia historical re-enactment. I hope that Oppenheimer is not like that.

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 8:12 pm
Oku wrote:
Caricature? The hell do some people take these days to mess with their heads because it's pretty strong.
*kicks you in the stomach and spits on you*
AYEEEEEEEEEEEE

[/quote]
*kicks you in the stomach and spits on you*
AYEEEEEEEEEEEE
[/quote]
*synths in the background: "BEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWMMM"