Cillian Murphy Leads the Cast of Oppenheimer

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Forum Pro
blackColumn wrote:
October 5th, 2022, 1:47 pm
Is fast a good thing?
I think you'd need more context to come to a conclusion on this question. Based on what I've heard, he works very efficiently and that efficiency hasn't impeded his final product. The constant thing producers have brought up is that he usually finishes production sooner than expected and it's not like that's been noted as a drawback in his films. Just sounds like he knew what he wanted and they achieved that goal without many obstacles.

KEM
What all is said about Oppenheimer in this interview?

It isn't surprising it was fast to make. I'm only expecting a couple of elaborate action sequences.
Last edited by EOLB on October 5th, 2022, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think it's safe to say that Nolan is at a point in his career where he's a true auteur who is in total control of his craft and is absolutely sure of it, so it's not surprising (and yes, every project is different, so this one probably needed a quicker time to be made).
This is going to be amazing, I really really can't wait.

Ace wrote:
October 5th, 2022, 12:49 pm
Yeah nothing we didn’t know already.
He said of working with the director: “In the first half of the year I was working on a film called Oppenheimer directed by Christopher Nolan. We finished shooting at the end of May. That comes out next July. It was a fast shoot, we shot it really really fast.

"It’s a very ambitious project and I think sadly it’s a very relevant story considering what’s happening in the world today, particularly IN Ukraine, but it’s a fascinating story about America in the twentieth century, it’s a fascinating story of this man and his life and how he got to this point in his life.

"Chris Nolan is challenging because he’s the best and that’s what you want as an actor. You want to be pushed. I don’t feel like I’ve properly worked unless I’ve been pushed
Thanks

I love how the only word they can use to describe this film without giving anything away is “ambitious”.

"I’ve always known since I first met him – however many years ago it is now, almost 20 years – that he is one of the great actors, not just of his generation, but of all time,"

"And I’ve been waiting for the project, and I know he has too, where we can collaborate with him as the lead, and I could put the most enormous weight – cinematic weight – on his shoulders, and watch him carry that burden. It was such a thrill to be able to call Cillian, and say, ‘This is it.’"
Oh man, I'm really touched by these words.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 1:35 pm
"I’ve always known since I first met him – however many years ago it is now, almost 20 years – that he is one of the great actors, not just of his generation, but of all time,"

"And I’ve been waiting for the project, and I know he has too, where we can collaborate with him as the lead, and I could put the most enormous weight – cinematic weight – on his shoulders, and watch him carry that burden. It was such a thrill to be able to call Cillian, and say, ‘This is it.’"
I know right ? if feels so good to read this, to know Chris feels this way about Cillian too, i mean we all knew, but now we really know, and we all feel the same, you go Cillian.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:

wonderful stuff

DUNKIRKIE wrote:

Not sure Nolan has been this candid about an actor before, really neat to see!